ID:2263509

So I already made a static ip address and it worked so when I went to port forward in my router the only options that pop up are like this:

Protocol: TCP OR UDP
Port (or range): From: (ie) 6000 to: 6000
Protocol Timeout: (I leave it blank cuz it does it automatically)
Map to host port: (I leave it blank)
Application type: (It pops up lots of things like FTP,Directx game etc)
Then done.

Still nothing works Im guessing I have to use my static ip for this? But that still didnt work so I need some help. Also my router is an Atnt Pace 5268AC.
How are you checking if your port forwarding is working?

What is the adress you are using? What operating system?
Port-forwarding is only half the battle when it comes to hosting BYOND games.

The first part, is making sure all your firewalls have rules added to allow incoming/outgoing communications from dreamdaemon.exe, dreamseeker.exe, and byond.exe in your BYOND installation folder.

The second half is actually port-forwarding. As far as getting into the router, you can simply open a browser, and type in either 192.168.0.0 or 192.168.0.1 in the address bar. As far as the username and password goes, it's different for each modem/router brand. And as far as getting to the port-forwarding section in your modem/router, it's again different per modem/router brand. Once you find it, though, they all generally work the same in that you need to worry about 3 settings - type of protocol, which port(s) to open, and your computer's IP address on your network.

Type of Protocol - This should be set to "Both"
Port(s) to Open - You only need to open a single port here (unless you're hosting multiple games). It can be any number between the range that your modem/router allows (it'll tell you what the range is somewhere on the same page as the port-forwarding page).
IP Address - This needs to be set to your specific computer's IP address within your network. You can figure this out by opening a command prompt and sending the following command - ipconfig/all - and find the line "IPv4 Address" in all that mess it spits out. It should be something like 192.168.0.5

Once you've got everything set, you can hit apply and try hosting a game. Just make sure before pressing Host, you have the port on Dream Daemon or Dream Seeker set to the same as the port you opened up on your modem/router.

And that's usually all there is to it.