ID:2266978

Hello everyone! I created an account named Magfenix back during 2004 I believe? I was playing the original Dragonball Online and Dragonball Live etc. Anyway, I started doing pixel art because I have always been an artist. Under the wing of some random person who was really good to me, I learned alot from this guy and made it to animating. Then I found the woman I fell in love with. Well I left and didn't return. I can do basic coding, up in the chapters of the Dev Guide. I wanted to do it all and make a game like no other.

I have been a drug addict for 15 years. Today (July 7th 2017) I hit 414 days clean. My sons mother is no longer in his life, so about 6 months ago I got full custody of him, my son, Hero. So now in the later stages of recovery, I have been so desperately seeking a hobby that I could enjoy and actually feel accomplishment from. Then it hit me, BYOND!!! *Angelic Voice: Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!* Then I forgot my email to recover Magfenix... great. So I made this account.

I am looking for guidance. I can easily sharpen my sprite skills, but then I check out these new games like "Feed" and others and I almost sh*t my pants. How can a newbie coder even begin to reach that level? So I decided to, once again, become integrated into the BYOND and find more friends like the one I left.

I am a single father and work everyday from 6 AM to 4 PM. Other then NA meetings here and there, I am open to this completely. I moved back to the town I grew up in and if I were to go hang out, I would probably lose my sobriety. So I choose to make friends at this time in my that would be alot more helpful than hurtful.

So, here I am. Claiming my willingness to become part of something bigger. You dont have to devote all your time to me, i just need tested and sent in a certain direction. Chat rooms or whatever, I just need to meet great people.

Thanks guy.
Congrats on getting clean. Wish you the best taking care of your son. It's going to be tough, but well worth it. :)

Could always try the discord. https://discord.me/byond
To be fair, you'll meet some great people there, as well as some not so great people... As long as you actually listen to the advice people give you and make a serious effort to apply it, you'll be fine.
In response to Flick
Thanks Flick. Very helpful. Probably the best thing for me! You are the man, man.
Just to offer some insight, I believe Feed is a game over a year in the making. If you devote yourself to your art and development, you just may surprise yourself. Keep chipping away at it, maintain momentum, and eventually you'll have something great. :)
In response to Foogimicester
Foogimicester wrote:
I believe Feed is a game over a year in the making.

Over 3 1/2 years if I'm not mistaken. :p
Yut Put wrote:
honestly as long as you put out occasional things here and there whether its code, art, etc even if it's not finished games this community will be happy to see it. we're so small and tight knit that little things make a big difference

tacurumin for example has basically become a god over the past month or so lol

Tacurumin has always been a God but none of us speak Portuguese
Thanks guys. I think I am sharpening my skills better than I initially expected! Im starting to feel the brotherhood that binds the true pros that are serious about this. My boy watches me make pixel art (probably because he is fascinated with tiny objects like miniature figurines and the sort) and it has become an addiction!