ID:2267805

Not Feasible
Applies to:Website

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
I would love to see a BYOND app in the playstore/appmarket. Consider it a shortcut to accessing the forum. If anymore suggestions on the matter come forward, please take a look at developing a small application for mobile technology!
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not Feasible)
The way this words is that you want an app for IOS/Android that just redirects to the website, but looks better on mobile?

I mean, it sounds doable but also sounds like a lot of effort for something that people might not even use.
If you're using Chrome on Android, you can just do "Add to Home Screen" to add a shortcut to the forums on your home screen. I don't know about iOS.
Well I want to open up the BYOND environment inside my phone. Most mobile technology grants this installation!
Not Feasible is kind of a misnomer.

This is feasible, all you have to do is add support for &format=text (or what ever its called) to the forums and the user pm interface, and bam, somebody else will almost immediately create the app.

If you build it lummox, they will come.
Obviously .dm is not a supported file type. Dm & dmi could potentially be read by mobile devices.

In response to MrStonedOne
MrStonedOne wrote:
This is feasible, all you have to do is add support for &format=text (or what ever its called) to the forums and the user pm interface, and bam, somebody else will almost immediately create the app.

With OAuth support and &format=json on the forums, a "BYOND Forums" app would probably take all of a day or two to make well. Granted, an actual REST API for BYOND would be fantastic in general.

A likely more reasonable approach would be just for the website to dynamically serve a mobile-friendly view for mobile User-Agents. https://developers.google.com/search/mobile-sites/