ID:2268472

Was the copyright claim real? Thanks. Just hard to believe they care about such a small game. Any info I can get about it?

Also I thought they couldn't do anything if the hub didn't have copyrighted content?
Yo Tens, how long will it take to fix this? On average.
I'm just hoping it won't affect our usual DU servers. We have the links for the servers and all, but the population will dramatically decrease with no more DU.
These actions aren't taken unless the claim is validated.
Should hosts worry about actions taken against them?
That's not something BYOND itself would deal with.
Yo, Nadrew, do you think this is something that will make DU be down temporarily, or is DU permanently down from now on? Doesn't need to be answered, not much people seem to know what is going on.
That's between the owners of the game and the copyright holders.
:( DU IS GONE FOREVER WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyy
is this shit forreal bring this bitch back up
bring this shit back up
this is life or death bring du back so I can play solo again ;-;
its true guys DU has been copyrighted and banned by funimation and it is NEV3R GOINJ BUCK UP!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111 WE WIKL ALL DEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man go join the discord or something
https://discord.gg/gEtTMrd
You had a nice amount of years to remove all the material with copyright, but instead you returned everything to the way it was before you had renamed stuff to something "original" (yasai-saiyan). I'm glad it was finally taken down. Plus it was not really a "small game", you managed to hit >1k players some times with all of your servers, and I am pretty sure you made a living out of it.
Yes, it was a real copyright claim. I received a takedown for two different games, and complied with the notice per BYOND's legal responsibilities.

For both games, the only real option at this point is to divest of all infringing content, contact the IP holder, and ask for the claim to be retracted on the basis that their work is no longer infringing.
In response to Eternal_Memories
hmm someone seems a bit jealous
Whelp. Dragon Universe and Final Revelations are gone. I sense Curtain Call will be next :^).
Okay then thanks for the info
So its not on the hub
I can still play though.
The day has come :)
Page: 1 2