ID:2268477

What just happened to the game?

F
Today is a sad day...
Aren't there more DBZ rips?
Started on BYOND because of Dragon Finale.

(I am glad it died, though. The game turned into a shit)
Am I the only one really worried about BYONDs future now? Last time we had a dragonball games cleaning BYOND struggled hard...
F
L
In response to Inutaishos
Inutaishos wrote:
Am I the only one really worried about BYONDs future now?

I stopped worrying in 2009.
Its such a good day, all the Pvp players and barely functioning rpers, ( if you can even call them that) have been defeated. May BYOND Prosper for years to come. :)
https://i.imgur.com/INMjgpf.png

That awkward feeling when you talk shit about a game, but ur also running an offspring of the same shoddy product.
In response to Inutaishos
Inutaishos wrote:
Am I the only one really worried about BYONDs future now? Last time we had a dragonball games cleaning BYOND struggled hard...

(it didn't)
Ah... DU; the second game I have ever tried on BYOND, the first being a long-dead Naruto PvP game. My experience with this game was negative 99.95% of the time due to several factors; at the beginning, it was because I had no bloody idea regarding what I was doing. Regardless, I preserved and learned the basics, on a PvP server.

Soon enough, I gave RP a spin and the opinion I had about the game deteriorated; I attained what one could call character immersion for 15 (or so) blissful minutes, as a Namekian. Then, soon enough, I went AFK and got AFK killed (I had an AFK tag and renamed my character [Kuji] to AFK, capitals and all). I returned to find my character in the Afterlife with a lousy three line Godmod RP that stated that another character suddenly attacked me, knocked me out and killed me. Yup. Stated, not ‘tried to’ or none of that ‘nonsense’. I steered clear from that game since then.

I sought RP elsewhere and stumbled across Old Phoenix by mere chance and Dragonball Rebirth soon after. I am still a lousy RP’er nowadays, mind you, but five minutes on a select few other games made me want to ditch this game where many admins clearly abused (there are abusers everywhere, sure, but at least the community I came across on other games was not nearly as bad as the one I found on DU) and where OOC was a flame-fest. I also learnt how things worked and how RP was meant to occur, something this game did not help with back then (in 2011).

Nowadays, we have (or had; not sure anymore) people that refused to broaden their horizons and try different games such as Alexrr12341, who claims that without DU, BYOND is not worth it anymore. People like this individual are the reason why BYOND is dying. Try to give other games a chance, RP, PvP or whatever the fuck you want, before posting something of the likes of this. DU as a game was decent, best case scenario. There are other games; give them a try before insulting the WHOLE BYOND community, developers and players alike, just because this game was brought down; this game had PACKS; it was illegal. Any game that uses a copyrighted franchise to make money is. When will people understand that ‘small’, ‘trivial’ (heavy sarcasm here in case you are dense), details like this one made it so that the game was doomed once BYOND started being checked high and low? Finale was, if I am not mistaken, the reason why it began happening and things were kept the same for YEARS. I figured this would happen once I started seeing games disappearing; I only thought this game wouldn’t have lasted this long.

I have already ranted long enough; seldom are the times in which I post anything, so hey, gotta make the most out of it. Peace.
In response to Meme01
Meme01 wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/INMjgpf.png

That awkward feeling when you talk shit about a game, but ur also running an offspring of the same shoddy product.

The thing that made DU what it was was the community; as I typed on another post, the game itself was decent. The community, not as much. That’s what I see written there. KingZelda mostly addressed “all the Pvp players and barely functioning rpers, ( if you can even call them that)”. He didn’t “talk shit” about the mechanics, etc. He essentially defends the same point of view that I happen to defend on my reply to this topic: what made DU shitty was, from my point of view, poor management and the community itself. With all typed and done, until we meet again.
Alex check your pager messages I told you where to play DU now. We went off byond

Can Dragon Universe come back on BYOND if I claim it is an abstract game about Penguins but it's so abstract that it appears to be a dbz game but it's only about penguins having adventures and only seems otherwise to plebs who don't understand abstract modern art. and if you play it and it appears to be a dbz game then your game files are corrupted and you need to delete system32 to see the real game. And the only reason it has words like "Saiyan" in it is not to spell actual words but each letter is meant to be interpreted as a standalone entity, and are actually not letters but squiggly lines ironically in the shape of letters each of which represent a different idea of what it is to be penguins.
In response to Tens of DU
Tens of DU wrote:
Alex check your pager messages I told you where to play DU now. We went off byond

Can Dragon Universe come back on BYOND if I claim it is an abstract game about Penguins but it's so abstract that it appears to be a dbz game but it's only about penguins having adventures and only seems otherwise to plebs who don't understand abstract modern art. and if you play it and it appears to be a dbz game then your game files are corrupted and you need to delete system32 to see the real game. And the only reason it has words like "Saiyan" in it is not to spell actual words but each letter is meant to be interpreted as a standalone entity, and are actually not letters but squiggly lines ironically in the shape of letters each of which represent a different idea of what it is to be penguins.

Are you triggered or what
no. i'm worth 15 million dollars from byond memberships hacking the money. i hacked the bitcoins that byond generates from each game that is made with it. byond is a secret bitcoin miner that's why the cpu usage is always so high
it's ok. i still love u
In response to Tens of DU
Tens of DU wrote:
it's ok. i still love u

<3
Page: 1 2