ID:2268905

Redundant
Applies to:

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
ANIMATION_REWIND

Do the animation in the time given and back to the initial variables.
Honestly this would be a royal pain to implement.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Redundant)
Why would it?

You obviously have access to the initial values or animations wouldn't work at all, you just have to generate the opposite animate() call to the one that was made surely?

src.color = "blue"
animate(src, color = "red", time = 50, flags = ANIMATION_REWIND)

would produce an automatic
animate(color = "blue", time = 50)

I mean technically speaking this is all doable in DM code anyway so there's no real need for the flag.
But I'm curious just what exactly about it would be hard?
It's partly a matter of the logic involved on the client end, which would be a mess, but also it would be expected at the server end that the appearance would change back to the original, which would require knowing whether or not there were additional animate() calls.
I could see it being useful for single animate() calls, but really, it's probably best to handle it yourself so you have full control over it. What would be kinda cool is being able to animate() the appearance variable itself where all of the animatable variables in the appearance at the same time (obviously only good for single calls), would make softcoding this itself a lot easier with less variable sets and lookups.

Pipe-dreams though :)