ID:2271574

(See the best response by Higoten.)
Descriptive Problem Summary: Byond starting stucks on "loading game information".

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.Open byond directory.
2.Open bin.
3.Start byond.exe.
Expected Results: byond loading

Actual Results:infinite loading game information. sometimes after 5-6hours it changes with "loading live games from byond hub" and stucks on it forever(atleast 12 hours)

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? every

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?:
Byond worked on 505 version

Did this start happening after an update? If so, it could indicate a problem with a firewall or security software on your system. Avast in particular has had issues with BYOND.
I reinstalled windows 2 months ago and two days ago installed byond. Firewall is disabled. I am using antivirus "360 total security", but i disabled it before starting byond.
Best response
Hi Tixcu,

One solution you can try is to refresh the configuration settings for the pager, where a corrupted setting may be causing the pager’s startup process to hang.

The cfg file is stored in the BYOND user directory (simply called BYOND in the file system), which is different from the BYOND bin directory. The normal process to access this directory is done though the pager, but because that isn’t an option in your case, you’ll need to find it manually. The location is specified during installation, and normally defaults to either My Documents or C:/ProgramData (hidden directory). Windows search may be an easy solution for finding the folder.

Once you have located the BYOND user directory, locate the folder called cfg, ensure that BYOND is closed using the task manager, then rename cfg to cfg.old and attempt to launch the BYOND pager.

If the above doesn’t work, check the file path for both BYOND folders and ensure they don’t contain any non-standard English characters. If they do, reinstall BYOND in a directory that contains only English characters. Also, ensure that the English locale is being used by Windows.

Good luck!
Thank you, that worked. I deleted cfg before and it didn't really changed anything but after renaming cfg in cfg.old it somehow worked.
In response to Higoten
Higoten wrote:
Hi Tixcu,

One solution you can try is to refresh the configuration settings for the pager, where a corrupted setting may be causing the pager’s startup process to hang.

The cfg file is stored in the BYOND user directory (simply called BYOND in the file system), which is different from the BYOND bin directory. The normal process to access this directory is done though the pager, but because that isn’t an option in your case, you’ll need to find it manually. The location is specified during installation, and normally defaults to either My Documents or C:/ProgramData (hidden directory). Windows search may be an easy solution for finding the folder.

Once you have located the BYOND user directory, locate the folder called cfg, ensure that BYOND is closed using the task manager, then rename cfg to cfg.old and attempt to launch the BYOND pager.

If the above doesn’t work, check the file path for both BYOND folders and ensure they don’t contain any non-standard English characters. If they do, reinstall BYOND in a directory that contains only English characters. Also, ensure that the English locale is being used by Windows.

Good luck!

had this issue too and this fixed it, thanks my dude.