ID:2271581

doomsday
postman
the road
twelve monkeys
the book of eli

babylon AD
Red Faction

i was going to say dredd, waterworld and resident evil extinction but not mad max lol
The Postman was a terrible movie. Excellent book though.
guys my thread went missing
...Water World?

I had the misfortune of seeing it in theaters. There was a creepy old guy hitting on me through the whole showing. He was easily 50 and I couldn't have been older than 8.

Would probably have been less traumatic had it not been for the movie.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
...Water World?

I had the misfortune of seeing it in theaters. There was a creepy old guy hitting on me through the whole showing. He was easily 50 and I couldn't have been older than 8.

Would probably have been less traumatic had it not been for the movie.

Heh, I missed him mentioning Water World. Gads was that a dog. Also a Costner vehicle.

I think Kevin Costner is fine as an actor, but whenever he's had too much creative control over a movie he's made it an hour and a half too long and ultra-stupid. See also Dances With Wolves.

The Postman just pissed me off though, because I loved the book. Then Costner goes and gives it such a stupid adaptation, he telegraphs the moronic ending about two minutes into the movie.
See also Dances With Wolves.

I liked the first two hours of DWW, though the Last Samurai did the whole trope a little better. Could just be the weeb in me leaking tho.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

The Postman was not feasible
In response to YURIRAMOS
YURIRAMOS wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

The Postman was not feasible

In the '90s? It was definitely doable. The plot didn't have to be all but washed out; it could have been distilled a little without losing its integrity. The effects were there (not much would have been needed), and at that time filming in Canada and Australia was cheaper than today, so it could have been pulled off with a small budget.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
See also Dances With Wolves.

I liked the first two hours of DWW, though the Last Samurai did the whole trope a little better. Could just be the weeb in me leaking tho.

I never saw the Last Samurai, but I agree with you about Dances With Wolves. The first two hours were a terrific movie. Everything after that sucked.
turbo kid
guys?
Z for Zachariah was pretty good. Maybe a little slow for some, but I liked it.

I am Legend
The Road
Planet of the Apes (original)
Wall-E
10 Cloverfield Lane
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
I am Legend

Speaking of bad book adaptations...
Very few movies are as good as the book. Taken on it's own though, I enjoyed it. Not a great movie, but good.
In response to Flick
My main gripe is that the entire point of the book is lost in the movie. Other than that it was alright.
Book of Eli was goodish.