ID:2272053

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
One thing I've noticed which has become a real pain when working with interfaces, is that unless you have them disabled(and thus not able to drag them around the screen), they can and will take precedence over the main map for focus.

It would be really great if we had an option that allowed the focus of a window to switch to another window of our choosing, upon pressing any key. Far too often, players have opened up a window then not been able to move.

This is easily rectified of course when you have the opening of the interface set focus back to the map, but its not so easily fixed if the player drags the window instead.

I've tried myself to create a recurring proc that automatically sets the focus back to the map every few seconds, but it makes button pressing nearly impossible.

Maybe just a little tick box on the interface window options would be great, which allows any keyboard input to be recognized while a window is set to focus, at the very least, would be amazing.

Set the Macro Family of all of your windows to the same one that your default window uses.
Oh, I had no idea. Thank you. even though this post kinda makes me look stupid, I'll leave it up, just in case someone else has the same trouble. :D
In response to Ginseng
Speaking of macros, you can actually create macros that change the focus, using the client-side command:
.winset "id.focus=true".