F
F
I'm sorry for the lost.
Rest in peace,
Awful to hear about this. Rest in peace.
Been hearing much talk of this on Discord. Didn't realize it was a serious issue! May his soul RIP
I enjoyed looking at his game projects and I used a couple of his resources when I was learning a few things. He never really met me or chatted with me but I was a silent fan of his work.

I'm sure he had a good impact - both as a developer and as a person - to the people around him.

Rest in peace bud. I hope your somewhere in heaven seeing everyone acknowledge your life and work.
Oh my f* god...
I just opened BYOND to look to old projects and old times, and I just get to this post...
I worked with him in many occasions and we both learned from each other. I feel so ashamed for leaving the community without notice...
I am just sorry... Rest in peace Amir
RIP I cry everyday and everynight
TBH, knew Kidpaddle as well as I know just about anybody around here. We never worked together on anything. He'd mostly come to me with questions about how things worked. He didn't stick around. I'd explain something, he'd say: "Gotcha" and then he'd just do it.

Except for one time. One time he came to me after someone attempted to blackmail him, claiming that they had his pokemon atom source code. I told him not to worry about it and to just keep moving forward: Shore up any security holes you have, keep adding to that source you are working on. The more you change, the more useless you make any potential leaks. He had a bit of a crisis, and we had a long conversation about why he was using BYOND. What his options were elsewhere, and whether he was making things to satisfy the urge to make things, or to be seen as someone who makes things.

I didn't see much of him after that. But he kept chugging, apparently. Today I opened my friends list looking for someone to run a few conceptual questions by.

That's when it hit me. That circle's never turning green again. That's when I got sad.

We're a small community. Filling in the shoes of a lost member is hard, even if they are small. These weren't small shoes. The feeling of his absence will linger.

RIP you magnificent bastard.

F

Kidpaddle was a great dude and was constantly pushing and posting about his projects. A real inspiration. I never personally talked to the guy, but he was just one of those familiar faces around the community and seeing the impact he had on people here is truly bittersweet.

RIP.

f
I've never been the most active of people, but I'll show respect where it's due.

F.
Rest in pease, amigo. I loved your work ;'(
F
its been more than 3 months since july 7th when I and the first few people on BYOND heard about his death.

this shit really aggravates and disturbs my being

RIP buddy

I just came here to pay my respects.

I knew you were from Canada, and today it's thanksgiving day; buddy, if only you were still alive with us today you'd be spending thanksgiving day with your family and friends.

Our lives can be ripped from us within mere fuckin' seconds, and cause our existence in this universe to be shattered into pieces like fragile glass.

I truly wish you didn't have to part from us and die so very young at the age of 23. I saw great potential in you. You were too too kind to be taken from us so early. I hope your family stays strong and hardened. Your unfortunate, unexpected death should be a reminder to everyone last one of us to be very vigilant in how we spend our time here in this universe; in this existence.

We shouldn't waste time on things that don't align with our goals and convictions. We should strive to reach our full potential while wearing the colors of our fallen ones, predecessors, and founders.

Amir Hassan (Kidpaddle45), rest in peace.
Bump
In response to Rippzy
Rippzy wrote:
Bump

Um.
I am so shocked to learn about his death. I am really taken aback and feel so sorry for him.

He was such a nice and motivated guy.

May he rest in peace!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7