ID:2282433

(See the best response by Kumorii.)
Hi I signed up for Steam Direct, but I'm not sure how to implement Steamworks into the BYOND game I'm making.

So far the game I'm making, Hamster Rivals Hangout, I posted GIFs of the character creation system on Amino and tumblr and stuff and people liked it, and the game will have lots of fun mini-activities and you can build your own clubhouse and stuff.
You'd have to contact Lummox for standalone access with Steam API support. Although, it sounds like this is for your Hamtaro fangame, which wouldn't qualify.
Best response
rip - your hamtaro dreams
It isn't for a Hamtaro fangame, this is separate from my hamtaro fangame 'ham ham rivals chat.'

Hamster Rivals is my own completely original series. Its cool and funny and parodies games/anime and has its own unique style. and this game isn't a hamtaro fangame and wouldn't use any hamtaro words or graphics or anything like that. because it's completely different from that franchise and Hamster Rivals is an original series.
Game Engines shouldn't be deciding what you are allowed to make with them. You should rethink that policy. NO other engine does that and it serves no purpose.
In response to Tens of DU
Tens of DU wrote:
Game Engines shouldn't be deciding what you are allowed to make with them. You should rethink that policy. NO other engine tells you what you're allowed to make and the policy serves no purpose.

They're NOT telling you that can't make something. They're saying you can't publish something that you don't own the license/rights to such as a Hamtaro fan-game.

That's common place with lots of things.

In response to Tens of DU
Tens of DU wrote:
Game Engines shouldn't be deciding what you are allowed to make with them. You should rethink that policy. NO other engine does that and it serves no purpose.

Make anything you want, nobody's stopping you.
Manio wrote:
They're saying you can't publish something that you don't own the license/rights to such as a Hamtaro fan-game.

alright. Well anyways, Hamster Rivals is completely different from Ham Ham Rivals. Hamster Rivals Hangout isn't a Hamtaro fangame. I'd like to find a way to implement steamworks into Hamster Rivals Hangout. ^_^
I already answered your question.
yes, well, I contacted him three days ago, but he hasn't replied back. I hope he does respond. Dantom seemed to like my game a lot and he/they helped get rid of the ripoffs a lot that people made of my games, back in the day T_T. I hope that Lummox likes me as much as Dantom senpai does.
Even if they gave you the Steamworks stuff, you wouldn't be able to do anything with it without being approved for Steam.

Get your game approved for Steam and then ask about Steam integration. I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself with this.
then disregard me! i worship potatoes.
I PMed you but you haven't responded yet. I think I PMed Lummox Jr. a long time ago too (maybe I didn't, but I thought I did.) I'm looking for someone that can help me implement Steamworks into the new Hamster Rivals Hangout game I'm working on.
In response to MartialArtistAbu
MartialArtistAbu wrote:
...I PMed Lummox Jr. a long time ago too...

It's "Lummox JR" not "Lummox Jr." People need to learn the difference.
I wish I knew how to add Steamworks to BYOND games.

Does anyone know how I can do this?