ID:22893

BYOND stopped working for me a couple of days ago.
Honestly, it used to go out every day in a construction helmet, because it was just that hard-working.

But, anyway. The construction helmets have all faded, now. This is... me asking for assistance.

My problem seems to be that BYOND does not wish to connect to the hub. Maybe they had a messy breakup or something-- I don't know.
When I log in, it just keeps me as "offline" until I exit.
When I ignore my pager status and try to connect to a game, Dream Seeker informs me that "BYOND Central is not accessible."

I have rebooted my computer since this error began.
I have upgraded my version of BYOND to the most recent version.
I have made tried to change my pager port to one I made up specifically for the pager. (I did it for you, pager. And you still won't love me. Not even the most chaste of hugs. I don't ask for much, pager. Whyyy?! *weep*)
I have restarted my little wireless internet box (oh, little wireless internet box! *heart*). Even as I wrote this entry, in fact!
I have double-checked to make sure that yes, my firewall allows BYOND.
I have tried to log in on other keys.
The hub doesn't seem to be down.

Why the lies, pager? Why the lies? Did you IP ban all of my houses? Even the condo in St. Louis?

Does anyone have any solutions? Perhaps I'm missing something... but either way, I really miss hanging out around BYOND.
Even if you don't have any ideas as to what might be wrong, thanks for reading this entry. I appreciate everyone's time!

I am not keeping time spent on my members page in a bowl.
Especially not one next to my refrigerator.
Especially not to be used for nefarious purposes, perhaps à la Dorian Gray.
Not in the slightest.

Edit: It works now. It was user error. I knew it was user error. Dagnab me.
Well, I'm off to go break more things! That's the plan, anyway, and I'm sure you all know how well plans tend to go. :D
Make a backup of the file 'pager.txt' in your byond/cfg folder. Then delete it and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, please email the file to me at [email protected] so I can see what was causing the problem. You might also take future correspondence on this problem to the support form at http://www.byond.com/support/support.cgi
as I only happened to glance at your blog this time :)
Tom wrote:
Make a backup of the file 'pager.txt' in your byond/cfg folder. Then delete it and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, please email the file to me at [email protected] so I can see what was causing the problem. You might also take future correspondence on this problem to the support form at http://www.byond.com/support/support.cgi
as I only happened to glance at your blog this time :)

Ah, I forgot about the support form. My bad. I'll be sure to keep it in mind, now. (Should I use that to write future responses, as well?)
Deleting pager.txt didn't affect anything (save for my window position, bookmarks, and such). I tried moving the entire contents of the cfg folder, but that didn't seem to do anything, either. Thanks, though! :D
Your 'allow' and 'blocked' cookies? May want to check that, or your firewall.
Lendgens wrote:
Your 'allow' and 'blocked' cookies? May want to check that, or your firewall.

I thought I already had checked my firewall--and I had-- but apparently, I was checking the wrong thing. Your comment reminded me that I turned up the firewall's protection by one level, and I assumed that since I had assigned BYOND a port, that all would be well.
But, I was wrong. Oops. Er... well, thank you very much. It's working, now.