ID:2291657

Fall is here, and boy howdy did it come down like a hammer.

512 is getting closer to release, with more features being sewn up and some fleshing-out in progress on a few others. With the short week I've been pulled in a few different directions, but I think we're getting there and I'm hoping to set a release target date very soon.

I've been looking more at things like the new screen_loc parameters LEFT, RIGHT, TOP, BOTTOM, and those are in place now except for not extending into letterboxed areas. I have some parsing in place for percentages, and I'd like to get those worked into this too so that LEFT+75% and RIGHT-25% are equivalent. Also I'd like to allow percentages to be based on the old-style coordinates of WEST, EAST, etc., so that they'll be contextually aware of whether you're working from a screen edge or the map edge. I think decimal offsets for position also should be considered, converting those of course to pixels internally.

The isometric lag is still on my list to look at, if I can, although I'm not sure I'll have a solution before the first release. I do however want to get a proper topological sort in place, even if it's not for the first beta.

At this time I'm still on the fence as to whether I want to add visual contents to /image or not. Right now visual contents are only supported by non-area atoms, but I can see a logic in allowing them under images too. I'd also kind of like, for ease of use, for a case of multiple turfs in visual contents to be arranged relative to one another like they would on the map, so you could use a block of turfs quickly. So this is something I might look into doing before release.

Since it's a short week, I'll leave it there. Don't forget, football season is officially underway and that means it's time to have the first proper game day party of the season. Unless your most anticipated game of the week was last night, in which case I hope you already had a game day party, but that still doesn't rule out Sunday! My two teams have back to back games, which means it's time for teriyaki chicken wings and a festival of cheeses. And then, well bloated, it's back to work on Monday.
Lummox JR wrote:
I've been looking more at things like the new screen_loc parameters LEFT, RIGHT, TOP, BOTTOM, and those are in place now except for not extending into letterboxed areas. I have some parsing in place for percentages, and I'd like to get those worked into this too so that LEFT+75% and RIGHT-25% are equivalent. Also I'd like to allow percentages to be based on the old-style coordinates of WEST, EAST, etc., so that they'll be contextually aware of whether you're working from a screen edge or the map edge. I think decimal offsets for position also should be considered, converting those of course to pixels internally.