ID:2298057

Resolved
Visual bounds were not set correctly for movables in some cases.
BYOND Version:512.1387
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 60.0.3112.113
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Problem with large icon come back.

https://puu.sh/xJpaD.gif

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Create any obj, and add it on the map.
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

I need a test project to fix this.
In response to Lummox JR
Here's a test project. It seems to only happen every once in a while and I could only get it to happen when step_size was involved.
Solved - Just made new map file and problem gone.
Thanks, LA. I'll leave this open so that if I'm able to reproduce and solve the issue, I can mark it fixed.
Also having this problem++
happens very often for me
LordAndrew, I just tried out your test project and unfortunately I'm not seeing the problem in action. In 512.1387 the big object behaves perfectly and never disappears.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
LordAndrew, I just tried out your test project and unfortunately I'm not seeing the problem in action. In 512.1387 the big object behaves perfectly and never disappears.

If you run the test-case I sent you about a week ago, I'm sure you'll notice the problem right away.
In response to Exentriks Gaming
That test case is a little too complex to tell me anything about this issue if I were to retest with it. I need a simple test case that shows this in action. Unfortunately LordAndrew's test doesn't do it.
In response to Zagros5000
That's not what I see, Zagros. The big blue object sticks around for me, always.

I should add that I see the same thing whether in the actual 512.1387 release or in the debugger.
LordAndrews test case is actually pretty random. i walked straight up after running the case and sometimes the blue object would disappear others times it wouldn't even though I was walking in the same straight line just between different compile/runs
In response to Zagros5000
If it's random it's gonna be hard to catch. But every time I've run it I've had nothing but normal behavior.
In response to Lummox JR
Yeah it happens randomly. If it helps, I did reboot the world when I was testing it several times. If it happened at all on a reboot, it would happen every time you moved away from the object.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
If it's random it's gonna be hard to catch. But every time I've run it I've had nothing but normal behavior.

Unlike the previous problem we had with large icons, this one seems to make the icons disappear more often and they come back more often. What I mean by this, is that most of the objects on the map are constantly flickering on and off as you move. Since my project is mostly made up of large icons, this becomes very apparent and it doesn't appear random. If you cannot find any other test cases, the one I sent you will at least show you the problem at work, even though narrowing it down may not be as easy.
Hmm. I'm wondering if this is related to the client map change.

While working on visual contents I noticed some turfs were disappearing prematurely, and when I fixed that I saw sometimes their objs disappeared. Ultimately I decided a big part of the problem was a really outdated system for handling where objs and mobs are positioned on the client-side map; and the client obj and mob maps were different sizes from the turf map.

And just now I got it to happen first try, but not in the debugger so I can't learn anything from it. Gah.
This is also happenning on the map editor.
It's always happened with the map editor. Resizing the place u enter atoms into the map fixed that for the z level youre editing tho
This has gone right back to being stubborn, at least in the debugger. It's possible that maybe some changes I made under the hood while diagnosing another bug had an impact so if that's the case it's worth retesting in 1388.
Page: 1 2