In response to Unwanted4Murder
Unwanted4Murder wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:
Klogaum wrote:
Anyway I'm implementing paypal API

About ease of doing something, is not relevant

I believe that a language should prioritize writing speed, even if it does not make it easy to do it. It's easy now

Seek to be better, do not want ease, this will limit you in which you can go much further

There's caveats with my demo/library one being MySQL connections on BYOND are single threaded.

One way around this is to let the server handle all requests on an interval and assign the purchased items to the user when they're logged in.

Of course that can present it's own issue of tracking if they're offline and etc

If you have any recommendations or suggestions please submit a GitHub request and I can add them in, it'll be great to have some contributers.

If I'm not mistaken, SQLite is a lot less of a bottleneck in DM because of how the threading is handled. I have minimum experience with databases though, so feel free to correct me.

That was my understanding also, it'll have to be a SQLite database on the local machine to work, I don't think remote access to those works....

In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Unwanted4Murder wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:
Klogaum wrote:

I believe that a language should prioritize writing speed, even if it does not make it easy to do it. It's easy now

Seek to be better, do not want ease, this will limit you in which you can go much further

There's caveats with my demo/library one being MySQL connections on BYOND are single threaded.

One way around this is to let the server handle all requests on an interval and assign the purchased items to the user when they're logged in.

Of course that can present it's own issue of tracking if they're offline and etc

If you have any recommendations or suggestions please submit a GitHub request and I can add them in, it'll be great to have some contributers.

If I'm not mistaken, SQLite is a lot less of a bottleneck in DM because of how the threading is handled. I have minimum experience with databases though, so feel free to correct me.

That was my understanding also, it'll have to be a SQLite database on the local machine to work, I don't think remote access to those works....

You'd have to write a separate program that would act as a network layer for the SQLite DB. Which... probably shouldn't be written in DM.
In response to Klogaum
Klogaum wrote:
For Lumox and A.T.H.K I only speak what they already know

It's redundant for you and annoying is not it? laughs

But the forum may be new

I'm not entirely sure I follow what you're saying, these forums are practically dead, Feature requests and trolling are ripe.

I wouldn't say people ignore the forums or what's available to use library/plugin wise, it's like any other language that has plugins, those plugins get used they get updated they hardly get commented on unless something is broken or a feature is needed. I see it daily. In the real world modern or popular languages have plugins that already solve complex problems, albeit they're straight forward most of the time whereas this PayPal shop isn't it requires extra work and cost.

As for ideas and improvements falling through the cracks, I don't think Lummox ignores them, I think he's focusing on more important parts of the software to make people happy and improve it.

Come back to X language, someone develops a plugin to solve a complex problem, these plugins rarely make it into the finished language as it's been solved and solved well. The only way it does enter the native language is by people complaining it's not native or that plugin being deprecated.

What you're suggesting has been solved, not all that well and I'll be the first one to agree to that, however we don't have the framework to solve it natively in my opinion.
Lummox does not ignore them, it is the language conflict

But that always comes ideas that have already been made and answered, always comes

Respond to what has already been answered, we have lost some time with this
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:
Unwanted4Murder wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:
Klogaum wrote:

You'd have to write a separate program that would act as a network layer for the SQLite DB. Which... probably shouldn't be written in DM.

Thanks mate.
In response to Klogaum
Klogaum wrote:
Lummox does not ignore them, it is the language conflict

But that always comes ideas that have already been made and answered, always comes

Respond to what has already been answered, we have lost some time with this

A person isn't going to go through each change log to see if something has been implemented or not,the language should be learnt and documented well enough that simple questions aren't asked.

On the other side, we have a knowledgeable community that can and does answer those types of enquiries. Not all the time, but it does happen.

I don't think it's wasted time entirely, having a developer that's community focused is a good thing, it may slow it down a tad but it's nice seeing a developer listen to the community and act one features or improvements we want.

Again, not entirely sure if I get where you're coming from or what the issue is? You wanted a shop option, I supplied an alternative albeit maybe a poor example but it's a base to work from that'll get you going in the right direction. You have the opportunity to improve it for future users.

Take into account that this feature would create a lot of work for Lummox he'll need to set it up for each user, each game on the web side, handle API calls, database stuff and create new functionality in DM for your game to handle detection of purchases.

Is that really worth it? Is it worth giving copyrighted games the ability to do this? I'm sure if this was done natively some copyright holders wouldn't be happy. It may even bring on some legal issues..
Talk to you as well as now is very good

The real problem is in advertising management. I do not care, Lummox does not care, we just move on. Despite everything I have done something for Face Book. Yesterday I visualized a discord with 2000 members available. The island of the macacada, a discord of players of LoL and any other game. In this discord group, they have a facebook group with 900,000 members

Once they opened a ragnarok server, the same day hit three thousand players

Discord Monster -> https://discord.gg/pvyb5sC
Look this phic -> https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/348308131148857345/ 365144507282358272/unknown.png
In response to Klogaum
Activar your Windows.
In response to Klogaum
Klogaum wrote:
i do not want to live anymore !
https://scontent.fplu9-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/ 18274734_1052907988177477_839764008665697541_n.png?oh=0e2a18 0a6eb3c27d115322e2dbe5b482&oe=5A7C421C

Forgive me if I've misinterpreted anything here, but what is your goal, what are you trying to achieve?

This has all gone a bit off track and I don't seem to have a clear understanding of what you want now.
He got out of the goal a lot, it was just a question and he even migrated for suggestion

But I do not have original windows laughs

I can say that it was only to update those who read or put to whom to read to think about it about programs too
I for one wish to create a 3D console rendition of our beloved Tibia RPG much like Skyrim the need for new monsters and swords are massive.
Secondly, virtual shops are likely to let users browse their catalogue in first-person anyway. As for DM nobody knows how to translate DM into said C++, JAVA for instance although I doubt it could be that very hard.
Maybe screen rotate, fake 3d

Order the engine to support this on request
Page: 1 2