ID:2302623

I have just recently found out that AIM is finally shutting down on December 15th, 2017. I know quite a number of you who used AIM in the past. While it isn't necessarily important; there are probably still survivors who still use AIM to this day.

Remarkably, I didn't think AIM was still alive all this time. Feel free to provide any eulogy or comment if you were an avid AIM user. ;)

Link: https://aimemories.tumblr.com/

P.S.: I have never used AIM to this day, but known a lot of people who did.
It was the first instant messenger that I ever used back in the late 90's. Definitely the end of an era. Had some good times chatting up people on there.

But I probably haven't used it since 2002. I never really looked back when MSN started getting more popular. At one point all my same friends were always online with both AIM and MSN. But everyone I knew inexorably made a slow switch and after a while it wasn't worth signing in to it anymore. Probably because MSN worked better with webcams.
lol, i remember AIM.
God damn it. i still use AIM to this day : /

it's very important
Skype has been dead.

I miss MSN. MSN was the tits, especially when you modded it with custom themes and plugins.
how will lummox talk to people now
bring back blogs
AIM will always be my favorite chat client. I hated MSN and Skype. Get off my lawn.

(Discord is pretty cool. I'm OK with that being the new dominant chat program.)
Yeah, Skype was godawful. I'm glad to see Skype falling out of relevancy. Discord is pretty fucking awesome, though.
Tom and I used to rely on AIM to communicate during the workday. Or more accurately I used Pidgin, which was a much better client.
In response to Lummox JR
++ for Pidgin. Once everybody started moving on from AIM I moved to Trillian so I didn't have to download a whole bunch of bloat, but I used Pidgin for a little too.
I don't recall if I tried Trillian. I remember trying Miranda and not liking it.
I hear lots of good things about pidgin.
Never really used AIM, though I do still have an ICQ account :P
actually my foremost pridiction is that north america is going to standardize a space age, Australia is going to reform and the UK isn't budging (elizabethan renaissance) which i slike a tourist attraction, which means the last twentyh years have been a trippy nightmare... *violin
In response to Escapen321
Escapen321 wrote:
actually my foremost pridiction is that north america is going to standardize a space age, Australia is going to reform and the UK isn't budging (elizabethan renaissance) which i slike a tourist attraction, which means the last twentyh years have been a trippy nightmare... *violin