ID:230537

Redundant
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
I will give you one good reason why this can be useful. In my game I have automated tournaments, if a person is afk more than 1 minute after their match starts, they are disqualified. So when their match starts I need to set client.inactivity=0. But of course, it won't let me.

Thanks.
Just set their inactivity to a variable when the round starts, and compare that to their inactivity a minute later...
I will but I still think client.inactivity should be writable. Thanks
Making client.inactivity writable just opens up venues that we shouldn't be going down. I quote the reference:

"This is equal to the amount of time (in 10ths of seconds) since the player's last action (such as executing a verb, moving, clicking an object, or selecting a topic link). This value is reset to 0 after each new action so you can use it to determine the time that has passed since the last one."

Making this variable writable would make its actual definition obsolete- it wouldn't be as dependable anymore. Any given snippet of code could completely change the meaning of client.inactivity or make it unusable for others parts of your code that you might not otherwise realize.
It would be nice to be able to modify it when you know the client did something, but inactivity doesn't get updated. Like typing in a box on the interface.
Does forcing Click() like the following reset inactivity? Too lazy to check.
inactive_reset(client/c)
world << c.inactivity
usr = c.mob //if you want to force a click, you have to set the usr before calling Click()
someobject.Click() // (or use client.Click(object)?)
world << c.inactivity

dunno. just wrote this. see if something like this will work.

^ failed

check this
id:133418
Ter13 resolved issue (Redundant)