Meranthe

by Pixel Realms
A persistent sandbox fantasy world. https://discord.gg/meranthe
ID:2307905

Well, I attempted to test your game, but I can no longer connect to it. There is a ton of lag, which is understandable considering how many players are connected.

It sort of worked the first time I tried to play. The interface was microscopic at my resolution, so I think that's something you should work on.

The equipment descriptions were glitching like crazy whenever I moused over them, with the text flying around outside of the box.

Fighting the lag, I took one painful step at a time, until I reached an item on the ground. Other players were picking things up, and said you just click things to pick them up, but for some reason that wasn't working for me. The game often thought I was trying to click another player, which wasn't the case at all. It's really hard to click anything when everything looks so tiny.

So, I bought some equipment from the merchant and started walking. The further I went, the greater the lag, until ultimately the whole game grinded to a hault. I thought it was just the lag at first, but I'm not so sure.

I might have been banned, because I saw what looked to me like someone impersonating me in the chat, saying something random about a tree, which clearly was nowhere to be found in the starting area, so I don't know what that was about. Maybe it was something I clicked on. I don't know.

Anyway, I closed the game after it froze, then tried to reconnect, but that was just failing. I tried again about 5 minutes later, since I assumed the server restarted or something. Eventually I got it to connect again, to some degree, but each time I did so, it downloaded all of the resources over again. All I could see in the game at that point was a black screen with only the words, "Continue Journey", "End Journey", and "Valmasian Merchant". There was no sound either, so basically the game had no access to any of the resources it had downloaded.

After all that, I tried clearing the cache, but now it won't even try to download. It just says "Connection failed". All I can think of is that the game thinks I was attacking it by trying to connect too many times, so it just autobanned me or something. I honestly have no idea. This happens in both BYOND beta and stable versions. The problem isn't on my end. Other games work fine.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this mess?
Sorry for the weird experience. This game is going to have a chaotic, buggy, laggy release for the first week or two. If you want to have an actual fun time playing, consider waiting until things are stable.
That's alright. I was just curious about the game, because I never heard of it before, and kind of shocked to see so many players in it. I wasn't expecting the game to be stable, but to function more like a beta than an alpha, considering that it's now public.

I just found it strange that so many other players seem to be having a much better experience, and I thought maybe I was encountering some sort of rare bug, so I posted here about it. Is there a better place for bug reports, or am I the only one that bothered?

Anyway, it looks like you put together a really impressive team for the game. I have no doubt it will work out with all of those developers working on it.

Edit: It seems to be working now. I have no idea why.
If you're having trouble logging in via the pager, I implore you to try our standalone:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ygqf8g8oocfmywy/ Spires_Installer.exe?dl=0

i swear its not a virus