ID:2309423

Now that development is back on track this week, it's been a pretty big week. A number of really difficult-to-trace bugs met their doom, especially a nasty one with images on turfs not updating properly, and also an issue causing vis_contents to sometimes display turfs and their contents in the wrong position.

Better still, the webclient is lurching forward into 512 compliance. The new screen_loc stuff is fully supported, and so are filters! A couple of those filters gave me a lot of trouble, but once I figured them out it all came together. The method I'm using for the outline filter in the webclient is actually so much better than my hacky solution in DS that pretty soon I plan to migrate the method I used there back into DS so they'll match.

Besides visual contents which are the next big hurdle, the webclient just has to deal with some nitpicky issues like lack of a user-settable fixed zoom level, no support for BLEND_SUBTRACT, and of course PIXEL_SCALE which I've mentioned before. All of these are fixable, and I'm mainly wondering if I'll have to make further modifications to one of the underlying libraries or if I should update said library first, then make the mods if necessary, which is a much bigger and more annoying project--but it should probably be done at some point.

Halloween is upon us! The witching hour is nigh Tuesday, which means this weekend a lot of people will be throwing parties. Don't forget to spread the word among all the soccer moms and helicopter dads not to park by the roadside with their lights on when the big night comes, and especially not their high beams, because it blinds oncoming traffic and backlights the kids so they're nearly impossible to see. If you see anyone doing that, be sure to verbally abuse them; it's your civic duty.

While you're looking through the couch cushions for that little bag of Gobstoppers you dropped, don't forget to gather up the change and use it to support BYOND with Membership or a donation. It really is a big deal and your support means everything. Thanks everyone who's been a part of that this month!
What's left for 512 other than testing and webclient compliance?

Are we going to see wave two of new features, or are we going to have a relatively short period of 512 honeymoon followed by pressing into 513 features?
It's uncommon for too many features to go into a late beta release. While 512 opens up some new possibilities because of the byond_build var, I don't like relying on that. I think I'll want to get back to that isometric framerate issue, and also some mapper issues that have piled up, plus some web stuff.
In response to Lummox JR
Ramen noodles for Crazah's demands to be met.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
Ramen noodles for Crazah's demands to be met.

Somehow I'm guessing that isn't the most enticing reward on that pile...
In response to Flick
I'm saving him one step! when faced with cold, hard cash, we all know Lummox would just use it to buy himself some more Maruchan noodles. It's what 90% of his diet consists of, anyhow. Gotta get those nutrients in.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
I'm saving him one step! when faced with cold, hard cash, we all know Lummox would just use it to buy himself some more Maruchan noodles. It's what 90% of his diet consists of, anyhow. Gotta get those nutrients in.

Yeah but that $500 SSX put up if he finishes by the end of December will buy around ~2,238 packs of Ramen.