ID:2312476

So the past few days I've had the programming urge, I guess we could call it.

For some reason I just decided I'm gonna make something that I can be at the very least a little bit proud of. Now whether or not I ever release the game to the public who knows? But when I was younger, I would always look at libraries and think, I have no idea how to implement this. Whereas now I'm implementing them and yes there has been issues, but I've solved them for my needs.

I'm also probably learning more than I ever did when I was younger just by trial and error and not jumping directly into the forums. I've even had situations where something's worked but I've still felt it wasn't right and just carried on working at it. I mean I'll never be an expert, possibly just always average mostly due to me sucking at Maths.

Did any of you guys ever hit this point?

Libraries used so far:
Forum_account's pixel movement
Woo's Inventory system

Also does anyone know how to fix the _reference in forum's pixel library. Seems like it no longer works with the newer version of BYOND.
I learn a lot quicker at 26 than I did at 16, so I definitely understand where you're coming from.

I don't think there is a fix for the reference thing.
i was pretty dumb with dm until maybe 4 years ago, and i have been using dm for 12 years. i eventually got to a point where everything just clicked. once i got to that point it was exceptionally easier to step outside of my comfort zone and approach things that used to stump me.

i think it's a combination of maturing mentally and finally having the basic understanding of the "logic flow" with programming.
Save the file to your desktop. Then manually place it into your BYOND directory. That's how I did it for F_A's pixel_movement library.