Kage: Rise of the Tengu

by Avidanimefan
Kage: Rise of the Tengu
Ninjas, Demons and super powered fights! Will you rise or fall? Kage : Rise of the Tengu! (Anime,Naruto,Bleach)
ID:2315721

Hiya!

I've decided to move the game over into an interface in order to solve some problems I was having with the dialog. That's done, I'm free to get some public testing in on the game.

As far as updates the past few weeks, I've been fairly quiet, and for good reason. Since most of the updates have been to mechanics and gameplay elements.

I'm currently at the stage of adding content and finishing up a few other major systems in the game.

You can expect the game to be up for a full week starting Sunday (11/19) until (11/26). The purpose of this is to help refine the game's direction.

This isn't the complete game, but it's fairly close to what you can expect.

Early impressions from a few playtesters include :

"Byond is holding this game back."

"This is really nice, way better than Nin Online's combat system."

"This is way better than I thought it would be."

Their words--not mine! I'm happy that players are enjoying the game this much though.

Some things of note:

If you don't have a more recent video card and decent ram (at least 4-6 GB) then you may experience visual problems whilst playing the game. It seems this was the source of almost all of the issues people have been experiencing when it comes to hosting play.

This is an issue with how BYOND handles processing visuals/gfx, and it's out of my hands to fix it. The move to more interface elements was to decrease the graphical burden on players.

Recap:
-Game is up during Thanksgiving week.
-If you experience visual issues, (black or distorted text) unfortunately there's not much I can do, since it seems to be related to BYOND's graphical limitations when rendering / your computer set up.

Why isn't the server up? 4:34PM EST 11/20/2017