ID:2320092

As predicted, work did get interrupted this week and a lot of my development schedule was thrown off track. The main reason for that: Jury duty. Seriously.

Nevertheless I was able to get to some of the pending items this week. One of those items was a bug report from 511 that appears to have been obviated in 512, which is good news although it meant I went on a wild goose chase. But even so, that wild goose chase did show me that there was a bug in visual bounds for images, so sometimes good things come out of those investigations.

My goal today was to get the 512.1396 release out, but I ran into a last-minute snag (more of a huge time waster than a snag) that pushed my timetable back, so I'm thinking Monday is gonna be a good target for that release. A few important fixes and upgrades are in the pipeline, but maybe I can throw in a little more now. I'm really hoping that there will be a subtle but noticeable speed improvement for a number of things, since I've changed up some frequently called internal routines to try to optimize the assembly. Optimizing assembly is of course a way more complicated matter than it was back in the day--when we had one pipeline, one core, no threading, and we liked it--but a pretty good rule of thumb is that if you don't have to read from memory, don't.

The troubles I mentioned above also pushed off the webclient a bit, so adding visual contents will still have to wait a little. But I'll be jumping back on that as soon as build 1396 is out.

December's here, which means no more excuses: that tree is going the heck up. And like most of you, I have a lot more shopping to do. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime. And speaking of subscription services that are totally worth it, don't forget to get in the big guy's good graces by becoming a BYOND Member or even throwing in a Christmas donation. Your support means the world, and I thank everyone who's been a part of it.
so lummoxjr what you geting for christmas
also xone and ps4 wont play byond games on the internet browser right?
ik i ask before but only one persion saied they didnt i want to know if you know its true