ID:2334635

Resolved
mouse_over_pointer, mouse_drag_pointer, and mouse_drop_pointer are now /tmp vars. There doesn't seem much point in saving them.
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue has been resolved.
Seriously, I can't think of any valid reason for these variables being saved automatically, they're almost always going to be set to pure raw icon data and we all know saving that is never a good idea.
I have no objection to changing them.
Would be nice, I realized last night when digging into the saves for Spires that a lot of clutter was coming from saving those two variables, changing Write() to remove them cut the file down from saving two objects from 395kb to 2.2kb.
Bump? Still a terrible design choice.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
mouse_over_pointer, mouse_drag_pointer, and mouse_drop_pointer are now /tmp vars. There doesn't seem much point in saving them.
Awesome thanks!

While you're at it, I can't think of an instance where overlay/underlay saving is wanted, the only time I ever hear the two in relation is people asking how to avoid saving a flattened icon because of overlays.

Although, that's probably a bigger feature request of wanting to be able to mark built-in variables as tmp myself...