ID:2347130

Its not a bug report because I have no idea what is causing this, but some client constantly reports problem with the cache/resources
And using the clear cache buttom usually doesnt work, some fixes it by simply reloging, and some even formated their computer and nothing;
(these are screenshots from diffrent player, but usually the same problem)

Basically some icons stops displaying or in some situations the icons are swapped, for example a bear is randomly shown instead of the base male char;

In some other situations random stuffs goes black etc; I have no idea what causes it nor how to fix;
Anyother constantly having those odd bugs?
Seems like some players can only play with the hardware mode OFF; otherwise they get a black screen, and during hardware mode off they see their icons like that /\

Its happening in the byond 512.1409 versions
These cache bugs are veryyyyy annoyying, been happening for years for online games that aren't tile based. One of the main reasons I would never seriously develop a game on this engine
Fount that every player using 32bits windows gets these hardware problems;
But still, no workaround
What build are you using? The recent fix to icon memory in Dream Seeker should have helped this kind of thing.
the most recent version crashes almost everytime (dreamseeker) someone try to play the game, couldn't find a reason/pattern to these crashes thats why didnt make a report about it.

But I am still using the 512.1409 in my clients since its currently most stable/recent one I know (actually didnt try all of them, cuz doing that in an already runnning game is kinda painfull, mainly when I am hosting a server in my pc)
Do those crashes happen right away? If so, I would highly recommend you send me a copy of the project and I can try to reproduce the crash. If it happens quickly then it's likely something I can catch.
Its not right away, I didn't manage to test it alot, what happened was:
I was updating the game today, so I updated the standalone and my own byond version to the latest, but when I opened the server, 3 minutes later my dreamseeker crashed, same as alot of other players using the recent dreamseeker; sometimes it managed to stick around for 5 minutes and some times it crashed right after clicking the load buttom;
So I just reverted everything back to 512.1409 and its fine;
Like I said I am hosting a server in my pc now, and I can't keep reinstaling the versions to test whats wrong right now; (atleast untill I change hosts) thats why I didn't make a report toward that;
But obviously if you're getting a crash, that's something that needs to be addressed. I can't fix a crash I can't reproduce. If it happens sometimes as soon as you hit the Load button, there's a chance it'll do the same in the debugger. So if you could get me a copy of the project and some instructions as to what to do, that would be a big help.
But I am not sure on where exactly its bugging, to find out I would have to close the server, update my byond, test it and try to find where its happening, then writting a project for you (like I did with the image ones)
thats why I cant now, but maybe you can see that by simply joining the game with a recent dreamseeker
You might not necessarily have to know where it's bugging out. If it happens quickly I might see it on my own if I'm running the code on my system. However you can also test the client end yourself just by downloading a new version and unzipping it to another directory, like BYOND\bin512.1416 or such, and you'd just double-click DreamSeeker and say you want to join byond://localhost:port or whatever.