ID:2355797

Kids, someday your doctor is going to send you for a test where you have to drink barium sulfate. It's a weird-tasting (but not as shockingly awful as, say, a fluoride treatment) drink with the consistency of a somewhat dry vanilla shake and a chalky finish. Oh, and before that you have to have no food or water for a certain time period, so swallowing that when your mouth and throat cry out for real moisture is even more unpleasant. What I'm saying is, time is out to get you. As least I haven't had a colonoscopy yet.

Speaking of invasive procedures, I got all up in the engine's business this week to look at some issues affecting parser features I either never knew about or outright forgot existed. One of those features was broken way back in build 306, which was the current BYOND build when I joined the community.

I'm in the middle of working out a bug fix for an SS13 build, which is why I haven't put out a new release today, plus I'd like to sneak in a new feature for the parser for games that want to use verb input.

Another thing I looked at this week involved the SIDE_MAP format, and I really need to deal with side/isometric layering once and for all. To that end I'm getting back into looking at a topological sort. That's been on my mind a long time and I may as well get it done properly sometime soon.

Thanks to everyone who's become a Member or donated so far this month. If you haven't yet, now's the time to get in good with the Easter Bunny, so ransack that couch for loose change. But if you'd like a different way to show your support, don't forget about BYOND's new Patreon page.

Now that we're done with clock-winding for a while, stay up late Saturday and get your BYOND gaming/developing on. And if you have anything like grill weather where you live, fire up a steak like you mean it.
Would be very nice if you fixed isometric and side_map
You could retain a lot more players if you set the pager to show "All" games by default instead of published, and sort by "Active" by default instead of "Popular" (whatever that even means).

Nothing wrong with letting people play the anime games that most of us come here for. Every flash games website has games based on different animes, and nothing bad ever happens to them.
A lot of the copyright strikes you receive are fake. Angry players are paying $99 to a website that forges fake copyright strike. I've met a couple of them, they openly admit it and think it's funny.
In response to Team7Star
Team7Star wrote:
A lot of the copyright strikes you receive are fake. Angry players are paying $99 to a website that forges fake copyright strike. I've met a couple of them, they openly admit it and think it's funny.

If they're paying $99 to these goons then they're not getting their money's worth. BYOND complies readily with legit DMCA requests but the fakes stand out. I have indeed seen a few fake ones. From what I've seen it looks like the griefers are getting ripped off.
Do you think it'll be possible to fix the multi-monitor bug thats been happening for years? Lets use a dragonball game as an example. If you have two monitors and run the game on your second monitor, opening any pages such as rules, ranks or story, as well as any form of admin window, will pop it open offscreen. I ended up just running BYOND in a VM because I was tired of the niggling frustration of having to re-open dream seeker every time I forgot to move the window onto my main monitor.

I'm only bringing it up here because its existed and been reported for years in a lot of games to the point where I'm not sure if its the game devs fault as much as the platforms, though I could be wrong.
I have noticed too, that when using interfaces for games, and you drag the application to your second monitor, all the interface elements remain on the first. Which I guess makes sense. But it's one reason I'm having to switch back to traditional HUD's on my project, since manually and constantly updating the windows is a pain.
The interface elements didn't even remain on the first for me. They just vanish. And its not a quirk of my install either; I remember it happening on my last installation of windows.