ID:23570

We Will Rock You, Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites the Dust, We Are the Champions.

Any of those are rock anthems, known pretty much worldwide. No other band can claim that for so many songs.
so you're expecting people in countries like botswana, rwanda, etc. are going to instantly recognize an overrated british band with a homosexual singer?

queen did some good classic songs, but most of their songs were crap.
Really, and show me those crap songs, as compared to other overrated bands like LZ and Metallica.
as soon as i find my queen cd, i will. i don't see why you are bringing metallica and... i'm guessing LZ is led zeppelin into this. i listen to neither often(though i do enjoy some of their songs, just like i do with queen.)
Any band has crap songs, but Queen in general has a higher level of quality, and certainly more variety, than most bands.
variety? most of them sound pretty homosexual to me.

"find me, somebody... too-ooo-love, find me, somebody... too-ooo-loOooOOoOooOve..."
lol you haven't listened to me.

Oh, and the fact that you're bashing them for being gay simply proves you have no taste.
i'm not listening to you because you're pushing your opinion as fact.
shit i have no taste! fuck you got me!
damn, i can't think of a come back. =((((((((((((((((((
Actually, I'm not. I'm pushing them being most recognisable as fact because it is, it isn't opinion.
oh, really? you have concrete research backing this up?
It's simply obvious. We are the Champions and We Will Rock You especially. Try and find another band that can say that.
you don't have research done, do you?

this was just pulled out of your ass. shut the hell up, i guarantee you they are not the most recognizable band in the world. such a statement is not only ambitious, but is also pure opinion. to get to this result, you would have to pretty much play every freaking song ever made to everyone in the world, and count who was recognized the most.
Not really, idiot. Again, until you can try and refute me, try and point out someone more recognisable, then hush, k?
i fucking quit.
Yay :)
Marcy Playground.
Smash Mouth.
Offspring.
Counting Crows.
Smashing Pumpkins.
REO Speedwagon.
Really? And what songs do they ahve that are more recognisable?

Keep in mind, Queen has several generations of people that have heard and loved their music. None of those have.
REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling, Take It On The Run, Time For Me To Fly, Give A Little Bit.

4 songs that most people know.
Just like Queen, according to you.

Can't Fight This Feeling, Take It On The Run, and Time for me to Fly, most people hear those on those Old People CD group infomercials, even if they don't want to.

Which is a good comparison to alot of the Queen songs.

'I heard that song during the credits roll of a movie a few years back.'
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7