None of those are more recognisable, sorry. Not by a longshot.
Opeth
Gordon_Freeman wrote:
None of those are more recognisable, sorry. Not by a longshot.

Says who?
Do you know everyone?
Did you ask them yourself if they'd notice it?

And I'm sorry, everyone in the world has heard 'give a little bit'.
Nice fucking fact.

Fact: All my music kicks ass.

My proof is that... Oh shit I have none. But can you prove that it doesn't?
Says the genreal populous. None of those songs are as widely known as We Will Rock You or We are the Champions.
Counting Crows - Mr. Jones, Long December, Hanging Around, Ghost in you <-- everyone has heard these songs on the radio.
By the way, I guarantee you The Beatles are a more recognizable band than Queen.
Keeth, no. Because Counting Crows are more recent. Older generations haven't heard them much.

And Wild, likewise, younger generations haven't heard a lot of Beatles, while I guarentee you they've heard We will Rock you and We are the Champions.
Geh.
Whatever.
The songs may be popular, 60% of the people who have heard those songs, in THIS generation, didn't hear them because they WANTED to.
They were just on some sports movie, or they sang it during a football game, or some stupid shit like that.
Sure, it's regonisable.
But Queen doesn't compare to REO Speedwagon or a good portion to any of the old rock bands.
They made a few hits, the rest sucked.
That's a fact.

PS: You forgot 'Mr. Roboto'.
Actually, I'm positive Britney Spears is the most recognizable artist in the world. And I know that because I have visited more foreign countries than most people can name, and sadly, almost everybody around the world knows who Britney Spears is.
Hey Keeth, you idiot, notice I wasn't saying they did. I was saying more people have heard them.

And Wild, I would not be surprised if the Britney Spears name was indeed as you say. And the songs....sadly, I can't argue there either <.<
Opeth

PS: Queen is an "old rock band" if REO Speedwagon is one.
What Opeth songs would people know better, Vort?
Vortezz wrote:
Opeth

PS: Queen is an "old rock band" if REO Speedwagon is one.

REO Speedwagon's first CD was released about 2 years before Queen's debut CD was.

Anyway.
I'll just say Queen sucks and be done.
Nobody can disprove that. :)
REO Speedwagon's first CD was released about 2 years before Queen's debut CD was.

Are you serious in saying that this is the difference between REO and Queen not being able to be lumped in the same era?

Seriously?
Nobody can prove it either. But at least the majority opinion is on my side on that matter :)
Silent Sage wrote:
so you're expecting people in countries like botswana, rwanda, etc. are going to instantly recognize an overrated british band with a homosexual singer?

queen did some good classic songs, but most of their songs were crap.

WOOHOO, criticising a band because one of their members was gay! Rob Halford of Judas Priest is gay? So what? People didn't stop listening to Judas Priest because Halford is gay, so why does one's sexuality have any importance?
Agreed'ddd
Smelly Crap wrote:
Silent Sage wrote:
so you're expecting people in countries like botswana, rwanda, etc. are going to instantly recognize an overrated british band with a homosexual singer?

WOOHOO, criticising a band because one of their members was gay! Rob Halford of Judas Priest is gay? So what? People didn't stop listening to Judas Priest because Halford is gay, so why does one's sexuality have any importance?

i don't see where i bashed him for being gay. you saying that is like saying that calling somebody black is racism.

his sexuality has importance because its something hes known for, something that got him killed.
Silent Sage wrote:
Smelly Crap wrote:
Silent Sage wrote:

i don't see where i bashed him for being gay. you saying that is like saying that calling somebody black is racism.

his sexuality has importance because its something hes known for, something that got him killed.

Now that I look back at it, you're right. His sexuality did make Queen more popular. My mistake.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7