ID:2357469

Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I updated to 512 previously from 511 I had the issue where anytime I tried to join a server it would not launch, but would make it so I couldn't click any buttons on the byond home menu and trying to click into other tabs would not work. Kind of like they were frozen but not quite. I fixed it then by downgrading but due to the ss13 server I play on requiring 512 I have no other choice but to try and solve it.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Update to 512, Ive tried multiple versions and this always occurs
2. Try to join any server

Expected Results:
To join a server
Actual Results:
Byond locks up and stops me from clicking anything while preventing me from using other tabs
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time
When does the problem NOT occur?
When I downgrade to 511 after restarting byond
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? The stable build works fine, the beta build does not.
Workarounds:
I haven't found any besides not using 512
Moved this to BYOND Help, since it's more of a Help issue and not really a bug report as such. There's just no info to go on.

Have you tried this on a fresh install of BYOND? That is, if you uninstall and then reinstall, not just downgrade, does the problem resolve itself?

Also before you try that, if you could show me the current contents of your BYOND\bin directory in the installation path (almost always C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin), I'm curious about that as well.
I have tried reinstalling (it didn't work) and Im due for a windows reinstall anyways so Ill just try that and see if it works considering it isn't a bug.
Maybe you can show me what's in the bin directory anyway. It might give me some insights.