ID:2364885

Ok so i found the charmed rebirth source code

[link removed]

It uses a bmp login screen and i cant get the buttons to work
I've removed the link. If it's not your source code, it's not yours to share. If the author explicitly approved that link that's another matter, but I'd need to see something to convince me.

However there's no reason you couldn't post a snippet here of the code governing the login screen, which is much better since it doesn't require anyone to download and comb through the source to find it.

The most likely reason for buttons not working would be if the game had been written in a much older BYOND version, and did some stupid things with layers that a newer version doesn't allow. (BYOND usually pays attention to the version the game was compiled in, if there's an issue like that, so compiling old code in new versions without accounting for changes is where these things go wrong.) Are there insane layers like 99999? There's your problem. Is anything using 0 as a layer? That's not great either.

Also of course, the fact that it's using a .bmp and not a .png is a huge red flag. Are you sure you even want to work with this source, and wouldn't be better off simply writing something from scratch? Making a rip of another game is neither a good way to learn nor a good way to make a good game.
http://www.byond.com/members/RagnarokHGM

The game was made public by its owner which is where I got that like. And the issue is I have NO CLUE where the offending issues are as there are like 3 diffenerent login systems at play, and I'm very new to coding. However the reason im using this code is because i like the way most of it works and it works as a great base to start off with for making charmed fan games
In response to Lummox JR
Tag
The problem with a lot of such games is that they're poorly coded to begin with, so they don't make nearly as good a base as you think. If the login is in three different places, that's a big red flag right there. But it seems like it should be feasible to at least search the code for where those buttons are, and how they're defined (layer and whatnot), and the same for that background image.