ID:23723

People were very helpful in providing screenshots for our upcoming newbie pages. You should be seeing those pages very soon...meantime, Guy did a bangup job putting together your screenshots into a seamless collage:

Drag out the page to experience the seamless quality!

The only problem is, after having promised to provide a Membership to each game creator whose game was used for this, I ended up throwing a bunch of stuff Guy's way and I'm not exactly sure what ended up in the final result.

So, if your game is represented here, please email me at [email protected] with the word "BYOND" in the subject, and provide the following:

- Name of game
- URL to hub entry
- Key the Membership should go to (you can assign it to someone else if you wish)
- If you can, the screenshot or URL to the screenshot that was used so I can see which it was.

You must put "BYOND" in the subject or my spam filters will eat your message. Please don't attempt to claim credit for a game that isn't yours -- that will be looked on very dimly.

Thanks again for all the help on this. You're going to see some cool site upgrades in the near future!
EDIT -

Wait! Found it! Happiness!! =D
Actually, there's no need for any e-mails. That "collage" is no collage! It's a complete screenshot of the greatest game on BYOND: "Collage"

What you see as individual "screenshots" are actually subdivided sections of gameplay organized into the most well-developed system of organization known to man and beast alike (also developed by myself).

Looking at the screenshot of my wonderful creation only makes you drool, does it not? Did I mention the awesomeness of ingenuity? No standard input devices are used for gameplay. Collage is so intuitive that it actually extracts messages from the human brain itself (wirelessly, too!).

All you need to do is close your eyes, and imagine what is to be happening in any subdivision(s) of your choosing, and it happens instantaneously. Unfortunately, there is one minor "bug," so to speak, that is truly the fault of BYOND. Opening your eyes actually resets the game, losing all data that was processed in the meantime. Unfortunately, this cannot be fixed until 4.0, so I wouldn't be expecting any updates in either of our lifetimes. :P
Ah, this is over and done with?

We were hoping to throw in some screenshots of Altricosm.

Oh well, those games do look awesome!
Dang, and I renewed my Membership just yesterday. =P

Oh well, I guess that means I won't have to do it again for a couple of years...
Or you could send one my way, Crispy. (And that goes to anyone else. :( )
Hiead said:
What you see as individual "screenshots" are actually subdivided sections of gameplay organized into the most well-developed system of organization known to man and beast alike (also developed by myself).

Oh no! Developous has hijacked Hiead!
Wait...
So how does this get us closer to anything? o_0
I see a volcano game somewhere in there! Heh, and I was worried about losing my membership in 45 days. =P
Well, I see High Seas and SkyWurm in there...

I wouldn't mind getting a membership extension, but it sort of defeats my main purpose in having the membership, which is to make that $15 annual donation (though I guess I could find other ways to give back)...

I'd like to give the time to some deserving soul(s), but the list of BYONDers that I "know" overlaps very closely to the list of those that already have memberships...lol

I have been tossing around the idea of holding some sort of contest with the next official release of Murder Mansion, with Membership(s) as the prize, though... Would it be possible to get a raincheck until then?
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
Well, I see High Seas and SkyWurm in there...

I wouldn't mind getting a membership extension, but it sort of defeats my main purpose in having the membership, which is to make that $15 annual donation (though I guess I could find other ways to give back)...

I'd like to give the time to some deserving soul(s), but the list of BYONDers that I "know" overlaps very closely to the list of those that already have memberships...lol

I have been tossing around the idea of holding some sort of contest with the next official release of Murder Mansion, with Membership(s) as the prize, though... Would it be possible to get a raincheck until then?

Well, BYOND is giving you a free subscription for contributing to it's positive image, if you look at it that way.
Yeah, I see it from that angle...

Thinking about it a bit more, though, I realize that I could take the extension for myself, then use the money I would have spent on those renewals to buy the memberships I would be giving away... The end result is the same for either route...

Nevermind my previous comment, then...lol
=P
I submitted a bunch of the screenshots in there, the only problem is that none of them are my games. :(
At least your name is in that screenshot for FFAW. Heh.
You could always give me one, SSGX. ;)
GoodDoggyTreat wrote:
Or you could send one my way, Crispy.

Too late!
Who can name all the games in that collage?
off-hand? i can name about half. not going to, though.
Mike H - ShapeShifter
Skysaw - Kwijibo
DerDragon - Bomberman Arena
Jp - Ruin
Crispy - Your Money or Your Life
SSGX - High Seas
IainPeregrine - Plunder Gnome
SilkWizard - Acheron's Awakening (I guess - it's the inventory screen down the bottom)
Iccusion Entertainment - Iccumania
Flick - Mano A Mano

And roughly 15 others I can't name, though I could if I went and looked at the comments thread where the screenshots were posted, and I do recognise some of them (just can't put names to them).

40%, not too bad!
Page: 1 2