ID:2373990

Resolved
A new filter called "wave" has been added. This creates a repeating distortion wave, which can be animated; animating multiple waves can produce a nice water effect, and the shader stacks up to 10 waves in a single call for efficiency.

To use this games must be compiled in the new version and (during beta at least) must require clients to use build 1427 or higher.
Applies to:DM Language

This issue has been resolved.
https://photomosh.com/

Wobble = Water and breath
Slices = Water
Jitter = glitch effect
Melt = underwater view
Shake = earthquake
Glow = sun light
Sturation = b&w (without using a color list)
Brightness & Contrast = color correction
Vignette = vision limited in high resolution or beautify

Many of the effects of the site are open source and can be well used in a game. Try loading a print of a game and playing with the effects.
I'm down with this. I'll take a look at the filters and see what I can do.

One thing I've had in mind is a "waves" filter that would do sine wave distortions with a given period (x,y), amplitude, phase, and speed. I'm thinking I could write the shader such that multiple waves filters chained together could save some time and do the distortions all at once. A similar filter could do ripples from a point center, but the period would have to be specified separately.
Hmm, a follow-up thought: It would be more logical to leave the animation of the filter to animate(), since filters currently have no ability to animate built-in. And yet the simplicity of including the animation directly can't be overlooked. With a wave filter in particular, it makes a lot of sense.

I'm not sure which way to go on that. As a start though I would go with the first version, and see if that sufficed.
I have a wave filter in place and it is freaking sexy.
In response to Lummox JR
Normal filter or a animated filter? Send gif/image.
It's a normal filter but I used animate() on it.

Any good recommendations for .gif recording tools?
ShareX is the most complete free program, but you can use too Gyazo or Puush

I have to say, going through the other filters on that list I'm not sure any of them are going to be that useful besides the wave-related ones: wobble and melt, which can both be covered by the new wave filter.

slices: Not something you'd see with water, really; it's a cool effect but I don't see a game case for it.

jitter: While I could see a way this could appear in a game, it's far too much of an edge case. I'd prefer to have something highly configurable.

shake: Already doable without the need for filters.

glow: TBH I don't get the point of this one, at least as Photomosh does it. It doesn't look like a bloom filter to me, and bloom filters have a much more compelling argument behind them--with the downside being they're quite difficult.

saturation, brightness & contrast: Doable with color matrices.

vignette: Gotta say I don't much see the point of this one, plus it's doable with an overlay.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
A new filter called "wave" has been added. This creates a repeating distortion wave, which can be animated; animating multiple waves can produce a nice water effect, and the shader stacks up to 10 waves in a single call for efficiency.

To use this games must be compiled in the new version and (during beta at least) must require clients to use build 1427 or higher.
I know it's possible to do amazing things in the normal way, but no one is born knowing how to do it and can't find how to in the forum or libs.

1 year ago Kidpaddle45 taught me how to remove colors:

I know it's possible to do amazing things in the normal way, but no one is born knowing how to do it and can't find how to in the forum or libs.

Color matrixes are exhaustively documented in the reference.
In response to Ter13
U just "VISHULE LERDNERS" me via MrStonedOne bruh?
MSO is right of course that it'd be good to have visual filter examples. I would encourage users who are so inclined to submit a small sample image that could be used for such a purpose, and I'd be happy to build examples off of that.