ID:2375195

Resolved
Hovering over an empty Child control could cause a crash.
BYOND Version:512.1426
Operating System:Windows 8
Web Browser:N/A
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
What operating system and/or browser are you using?
Win 8

What were you trying to do when the problem occurred?
Trying to play new games

What actually happened, and how did it differ from what you expected?
The game might run for 5 mins then a dream seeker error pops up and then crashes.

What steps did you follow?
Tried the active x trick on I.E, tried uninstalling, deleting the folders then re installing, Allowed firewall access.

Crash Report

Faulting application name: dreamseeker.exe, version: 5.0.512.1426, time stamp: 0x5b0f0a30
Faulting module name: byondwin.dll, version: 5.0.512.1426, time stamp: 0x5b0f0a20
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0008e5ef
Faulting process id: 0x1884
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3ff4941ce5cc0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin\dreamseeker.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin\byondwin.dll
Report Id: 08f4ddbc-6b72-11e8-bfa5-240a6426288a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
I see the code where this happened. I'm going to move this to Beta Bugs so I can mark the issue and close it. It will be fixed in 512.1427.

The problem has something to do with the Child control checking to see if it should use a child's custom cursor or not. Somehow the hit test to reveal which window the cursor is over is returning null, and because of that, and the absence of a splitter on this control, it thinks you're over the splitter; so when it tries to ask if the splitter is also visible, it crashes.

I believe the issue is the result of a blank Child control. If you fill that with a dummy pane when it's not in use, I believe that will suffice as a workaround. Of course if this isn't your game, you'll have to let the author know.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Hovering over an empty Child control could cause a crash.