ID:2380791

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I frequently have 2-3 DMEs open at a time. Dream Maker only remembers the last 8 projects that were in the config file at the time Dream Maker was opened last.

I would prefer it was written when you opened a project, and the UI undated when a project is closed, rather than written only when dream maker itself closes, and read only when dream maker opens.

This causes your history to be wiped out if you happen to close the wrong window in the wrong order, frequently making me dig out a DMB from my hard drive.
In general it seems most programmers can't handle config writing with any sort of sense. Microsoft has this same bug in remote desktop, tgstation-server has this same bug with all config changes, but it applies to the system service meaning all config changes only write to disk on the clean shutdown of the os on a server, something that almost never happens.

The only proper way to sanely handle these kind of things is to delta on change. Meaning re-read the config from disk, and apply the change being made to the re-read config, at time of change, then write it to disk, at time of change, so that you don't have this issue. Anything else has issues.

Love when my system BSODs and I lose a month of foobar2000 playlists...

Notepad++ is one of the few that does this right, saving everything instantly.