ID:2384405

(See the best response by VolAs.)
Hello,

For the past few months I've been running into an issue involving Dreamseeker.

I'm running a Windows 8.2 system. I'm also using the latest Beta. (I couldn't tell you the number, but I update to the newest one whenever it comes out on the Byond Hub.)

The issue is that I will attempt to join a game, get a small loading orb to indicate that everything is loading up like normal, but the dreamseeker screen will refuse to actually open. This is not something which occurs every time I attempt to play a game, but once it starts, it is not something which will go away until I go about the process of usually uninstalling and reinstalling the game, or going through other arduous shenanigans.

I know for a fact that it is not related solely to a single game, as it is an issue occurring across multiple BYOND games.

When I open up Task Manager, I can see the Dreamseeker.exe begin to start, and it will say Running for a couple of moments before the process switches over to a Suspended state, after which it simply sits there.

I have, in the past, attempted to simply end the tasks of these processes since I thought maybe the fact there were duplicates was leading to the issue, but that is not the case. Even after all processes have been ended according to Task Manager, on re-install attempt, the system always mentions that there are aspects of Dreamseeker running even when that is clearly untrue.

I have attempted to change around the cfg to cfg_old as I thought perhaps it was a configuration issue, but that also merited no fruit.

I've temporarily disabled the shields on my AVAST antivirus, but that also didn't rectify the issue.

At this point, I'm rather confused by what could possibly be interfering with the system. Any help would be appreciated, I'm growing tired of constantly having to re-install.
One thing I couldn't help but notice is, does this happen to multiple games or one single game? Are you trying to join an online game or running a game you have installed on your pager and running? Also, have you uninstalled and reinstalled BYOND suite?
I think I've mentioned the answer to all of these above, but to reiterate:

1. Multiple games are having this issue.
2. Join a game.
3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire BYOND system several times now.
How are you opening the games? Through the pager or through the hubs?
I believe I'm using the pager to open the game, but attempting to use the hubs gives the same result.
Best response
Try to remove avast completely or add DS to white list (or what avast has).
Another thread http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2374267