ID:23845

Is it possible?
Together, you mean? Science is rational, so you can rationalize it.
Together.
Then no.
Is it so far fetched to even suggest some possible explanation that can unify science and faith? Why is it that the two can not be seen as complimentary, rather than opposing?
because religion is dumb
and science is SMART
Because religion is the concept of not having any questions and just believing in something that's in text. Science is ever changing and updating, never sure until it finds a concrete answer.

Nope
Why is it that there are many scientists who believe in God if religion by its essence is so incorrect?
Because scientists are entirely capable of being idiots, just like everybody else. They tend not to be idiots when doing science, though.

Science is empirical in nature. Faith is faith. It's all about not having evidence. By its very nature, the two are incompatible. At the best, they address two different spheres.
Forgive me then; I suppose I've used the wrong term. What I'm asking about is how to move the belief in a God from the realm of faith to science. When the experiments have been exhausted and the numbers calculated, what do we have at the end? Ongoing processes, theories, but no answer as to why. I'm not suggesting that scientific ideas are invalid, on the contrary, many of those ideas (which I hold true) may lead to the proof, so to say, of a higher being.
If someone proved God then religion wouldn't be faith anymore, it'd be science.

The 10 commandments would be changed to stuff like "THOU SHALT CAUSE DISORDER IN THY CLOSED SYSTEM". "THOU SHALT BE RELATIVE TO YE SPEED OF LIGHT".

Stained glass windows in churches would be knocked out and replaced with LCD displays.
You wouldn't light a candle in a cathedral, you'd light an LED.

The only thing that wouldn't change would be that people would continue to present theories as to why God can't exist, and each opposing party would continue to insult each other without hope of resolving the argument.

But that's okay though, because you christian tossers can go fuck yourselves
Haha, the tale of Adam and Eve in the bible would be rewritten. He wouldn't have been tempted by Eve to take a bite of the apple, he would have been sitting under the apple tree... and his name would be changed to "Isaac".
Oh I didn't mean just Christianity. More like just an outside force, so far unexplained by science, which set in motion the processes by which our world - our universe - is as it is today. Don't you think it's at least possible?

PS. Sorry for being such a "Christian tosser." Would blame the upbringing, but I didn't really have much of one.
Do you mean the Big Bang? Because yeah it's possible i think
I rather belive in facts than tales. I heard somewere that religion was created to explain the "unexplained" which i agree, now these days religion is fading away as science moves foward.
I'm not an expert, but I don't know of any real scientists that don't believe in the Big Bang.
Albanian said:
now these days religion is fading away as science moves foward.

Except in America, that is. But it won't be long 'til all Americans are wiped out anyway, thank God.

Popisfizzy: There are quite a few scientists who don't think the Big Bang is a viable theory for the creation of our universe. There's a number of alternative theories.
I'n america mostly the old generation is focused on religion.
I don't know, man. Jamesburrow is consuming enough religion for all of the younger generation...
Well, there's one relationship: Scientology XDDDD But it's anything but rational... so yeah...
Page: 1 2 3