ID:2385622

BYOND Version:512
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 61.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Dreamseeker crashed with the following signature while playing on /tg/:

Problem signature:
P1: dreamseeker.exe
P2: 5.0.512.1439
P3: 5b50b65f
P4: byondcore.dll
P5: 5.0.512.1439
P6: 5b50b5ea
P7: c0000005
P8: 0006c4c5
P9:
P10:

Unfortunately I have no proper dump of this.
Looks like this is an already-known crasher in the icon destructor. I still don't have any idea what's causing this and need a test case.
I've not been able to replicate this beyond "it sometimes happens for whatever reason, sometimes twice in a row".

Would a minidump help at all? https://snek.earth/stuff/dreamseeker.exe.2608.dmp.zip
Nope, a minidump won't help in this particular crash. I need to catch the sucker before it gets to the icon destructor, where whatever's gone wrong is going wrong.

I'm gonna move this to Bug Reports since it's not specific to the beta.
This also seems to happen on /vg/ ; sometimes the game world just crashes clients on login.

I'm not sure if/where I could find a dump for this and see if it's comparable.
This happens for every single client for a relatively long duration. Clearing cache MAY help, but honnestly it's a coin toss.

It either fixes itself or we need to restart the whole world.
In response to Shifty_rail
Shifty_rail wrote:
This also seems to happen on /vg/ ; sometimes the game world just crashes clients on login.

I'm not sure if/where I could find a dump for this and see if it's comparable.
This happens for every single client for a relatively long duration. Clearing cache MAY help, but honnestly it's a coin toss.

It either fixes itself or we need to restart the whole world.

That's a server issue, as the host has said.
I mean DS shouldn't be crashing just because the server is having issues, but it's almost certainly not the same crash.