The web client uses up a lot of lummox's development time. This time could be used elsewhere. On the other hand, a lot of resources have been dumped into the web client - so it might be wise to keep going with it and hope things improve.
So, what do you think should happen? kill it or keep going with it?
The webclient in a nutshell. (according to me ; opinionated)
- you can play BYOND games on any platform that supports a browser.
- More modern styling on web client games.
- A few nifty features that only the web client can do.
- Performance on the webclient is worse than on the dream seeker client.
- You have to host a server for the webclient to even work.
- Fewer learning resources on using the web client than the dream seeker. (fixable)
- Trying to play a game built for DS on the WC doesn't always work without rewriting parts of the game.
- Taking advantage of web client only features effectively locks you out of DS.