ID:2392617

This week saw no release, which is the first such week in a while, and there's a reason for that. Basically, a lot of bug reports are stuck in a holding pattern at the moment and I'm investigating some others, and some new ones have just come in.

The Friday release curse didn't strike last weekend, but 512.1446 is not of course completely bug-free. Most of the bugs that have popped up since then have not been new ones, although I'm trying to investigate a very difficult-to-reproduce issue that is apparently new to the way 1446 handles client-side visual bounds. But no one else has reported such a thing yet, and I can't get it to happen in test projects, so it's a matter of working through a bigger project the hard way. Ugh.

Fortunately, none of the bugs fixed so far are terribly critical. The worst of them is an issue with SIDE_MAP, which does kinda suck for SIDE_MAP games but it's also not (I think) new to 1446 and if it's waited this long it can wait till 1447 is ready.

I did put a new feature in for 512.1447, which was to allow list2params() to be used automatically in winset() for easier handling. This could still use some quality-of-life improvements, namely that for cases where a quoted text string is expected it'd be good to have a way to escape the quotes easily.

One other monkey on my back presently is a new bug report--not a new issue, though--regarding transforms. It seems that because we're not using premultiplied alpha (except in the obvious case of a KEEP_TOGETHER result), icon transforms have a little problem where sharp edges can have their colors a little bit off. I found a workaround for now, which is to throw some empty maptext (just a single space) onto the icon, but I'll want a more generic fix for down the road. Either I have to switch everything to use premultiplied alpha--not my ideal--or I have to come up with a convoluted workaround. At this point I'm thinking switching to all premultiplied is probably easier, but it does mean more work when loading the icons that might not be needed 90% of the time.

In spite of the minor issues ongoing I'm still thinking ahead to 513 and planning out some things I'd like to look at. I'll talk about that some more on the Patreon post.

That's it for this week! Thanks to everyone who's done their bit to help support the platform. Seriously, it means everything.

🏈
🏈