ID:2392797

Resolved
Double-clicking did not initiate mouse drag logic, which in turn meant MouseMove and similar events were bypassed in some situations.
BYOND Version:512.1446
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 68.0.3440.106
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
This has been a thing since... basically forever, I think. I included it in one of my posts about "better mouse tracking", but I figured I might as well give it a post of its own.

If you double-click and hold, in certain situations, none of the mouse procs (neither MouseMove nor MouseDrag) are called as the mouse moves. This makes mouse position tracking completely impossible in that situation, and it actually comes up quite often in mouse-heavy games.

Here's a demo: http://files.byondhome.com/Kaiochao/bug/ DblClickMoveFail_src.zip

In this demo, double-left-click on some turf (without moving the mouse at all), hold the button down after the second click, and move the mouse. You shouldn't see any mouse proc messages appear.

For some reason, in this demo, if you're not moving during the double-click, then the issue doesn't happen. However, in other projects, it can happen regardless of viewpoint motion. I can't tell what exactly causes it in those cases, though, but the fact that it happens at all seems pretty problematic. Imagine playing a shooter, running around and clicking erratically, firing full-auto or charging an attack, and suddenly your mouse stops moving unless you let go of the mouse button. It's analogous to macros sticking and not responding unless you tap them again.
There's probably some odd behavior between DblClick() and the client.eye moving. You can 100% reproduce what you're seeing if you double click and then move the mob - and I noticed that MouseEntered()/MouseExited()/MouseMove() is getting called instead of MouseDrag() during eye movement when you don't move the cursor, and it fails to call MouseDrag() or even MouseMove() when you do move the cursor. If you try the steps with a single click, only MouseDrag() is called.

Keep in mind that this behavior doesn't happen if you hold a double click, move the cursor so MouseDrag() is getting called, and then move the mob.
Double-clicks do behave differently from normal clicks, so I'm sure this is part of it. I'll definitely be looking into this.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Double-clicking did not initiate mouse drag logic, which in turn meant MouseMove and similar events were bypassed in some situations.