FEED CLASSIC

by Kumorii
FEED CLASSIC
The classic action/survival shooter!
ID:2392956

Well uh, this is awkward, huh?

Summer is hopefully drawing to a close and the Feed season is fast approaching; much has been going on in the shadows lately and I'm too excited not to discuss it - so here goes!

Don't you hate how small Feed's maps are?
Well not anymore. Feed is now designed with diverse, massive maps in mind as opposed to smaller, more arcadey maps. Currently there's one massive map that i'm still in the process of finishing markup on --- Ratt City Graves. This map includes ALL of the previous Feed maps as well as several new areas stitching them together aesthetically. This has been a huge undertaking and it's been over a week in the making but I genuinely think this will be a game changer for Feed going forward. To accompany this big change; enemy spawning mechanics as well as approaches to map progression needed to be revised.

Map progression now allows players much more freedom of choice in how they navigate the world; maps have been redesigned to have numerous intertwining paths and routes that can be unlocked in any order players see fit; this allows extended control over the flow of various areas of the map by limiting where mobs are able to flee to/pursue from. Additionally with a larger, more intricate map; players will have more room to spread out and establish themselves in areas away from other, potentially hostile players. Enemy spawning mechanics had to be revised and defined on a room-by room basis to accompany this; however this approach is significantly more stable than the old method and a much needed improvement.

I won't be updating the public build of Feed anymore; which if you weren't in the know, has been getting semi-regular patches and a myriad of bug fixes. I have a lot in store for this Halloween season but i still have a bit to do before it's ready; but we'll talk about that some other time. A stretch goal i have for the Halloween season will be making player colors a sort of team-assignment. Players who share a color won't be able to hurt eachother and will share cash gains; essentially setting the stage for a rudimentary kind of party/team play. More on this another time, too, though. Got a bit on my plate to worry about right now as it is!

Cheers!
Long Live Feed
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Long Live Feed

In response to Konlet
Konlet wrote:
Kozuma3 wrote:
Long Live Feed