ID:2404538

Resolved
The lack of micro-layering in visual contents meant that some projects had large icons not display properly when included in vis_contents. Now these use micro-layering just like regular icons.
BYOND Version:Beta 512.1453
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 69.0.3497.100
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
when putting button_background inside of container's vis_contents large atoms appear to be getting cut off

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
_ui
layer = FLOAT_LAYER
plane = FLOAT_PLANE
button_background
appearance_flags = KEEP_TOGETHER
New(x1 = 168,x2 = 183,y1 = 166,y2 = 171)
vis_contents += block(locate(x1,y1,1),locate(x2-1,y2-1,1))
container
plane = 10
layer = 1

Expected Results:map to be shown in its entirety

Actual Results:all dmi icon states are now cut into 32x32 states

Note: I think it is probably an issue with nested vis_contents (ie an object with objects inside of its vis_contents that is itself inside of another object's vis_contents) but I haven't tried setting up an independent environment to be sure

Well first, this isn't a Dream Maker issue since it has nothing to do with the compiler; this would be a Dream Daemon issue (server) or Dream Seeker (client) or maybe both.

The second issue here is it's not clear from your report which icons are the big ones: the containers, or something in vis_contents. The screenshot doesn't actually make it clear at all what the image is supposed to look like.

It's possible that some layering issue is involved here, but there's no way for me to investigate without a test project. That's something I'll absolutely need to look into this.

As far as layering goes, it's possible this is a real bug, user error, or a case of functionality that we don't have yet that would be nice for 513. (I'd like to improve how vis_contents handle layering there, with some way of specifying how their layers and planes work.)
Also Please place the full byond version in the byond version field. It looks like this: 512.xxxx
Oh shoot, didn't even notice the lack of a proper version. Yeah, that matters. All posts in Beta Bugs need the full version number.
Done.
I'll still need a project to look at.
sent
I'm not seeing this at all in 512.1453 with the test project you sent. I tried both in a simple test directly in Dream Seeker and also by hosting in Dream Daemon and joining remotely.

What steps are you following for this to happen?
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
The lack of micro-layering in visual contents meant that some projects had large icons not display properly when included in vis_contents. Now these use micro-layering just like regular icons.