ID:2412993

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
So am I the only one that doesn't like the display of the new icon editor?

I think that with this change, at least the canvas and the 12 editing tools should be openable (like dblcliking a frame) and not open by default (and closeable).

I also think there should be a preview set for every direction, like before.

Other options that I'd like: Being able to minimize the canvas or the frame section, being able to separate them via tabs, being able to reorder them, like putting the frame area above the canvas.

That's it. Hope you take a listen Lummox! Thanks for your hard work.
NSBR wrote:
I think that with this change, at least the canvas and the 12 editing tools should be openable (like dblcliking a frame) and not open by default (and closeable).

This doesn't make sense to me. The canvas should always be open, and I don't see a point in hiding the editing tools since they're what you actually use most.

I also think there should be a preview set for every direction, like before.

I considered that but honestly, I don't think it's helpful. Too much motion makes it too hard to see anything, and there's no value I can discern in comparing two moving directions at once. You can preview any individual direction of course by choosing a frame to edit, or highlighting an entire row in the movie control.

Other options that I'd like: Being able to minimize the canvas or the frame section, being able to separate them via tabs, being able to reorder them, like putting the frame area above the canvas.

Being able to move those around would be cool but it's way, way more complicated and not something I'm prepared to do. Closing is much the same way; it would require a big reorganization of the setup along with new window functionality.