Dev note: with the new year comes new changes. The name of the game (formerly Mega Man Galaxy X) has been changed: it's now called Mega Man X Versus (MMXVS for short). We've also moved to beta and are planning the next version for release on Feb. 15th 2019. Scores and unlockables will be introduced so that your performance is stored on the hub and extras can be accessed. Most exciting: new characters are coming! Light X and Iris, and in the near future, Vile!!!
Tl;dr these last few weeks of waiting will pay off dearly for fans of the game.
This was the initial beta release, which wasn't announced on these forums at the time of its release (late last year). This announcement is a bit delayed due to our Holiday break. For this build specifically, the goal was to polish several aspects of the game and introduce a redesigned OASIS map to play on.
· On-screen Radar has been implemented (hidden in current version) to aid with stage navigation. Opponents are shown as blips on the radar, colorized to match the character they're playing as (blue for X, red for Zero, etc.).
· Jump physics tweaked to feel fluid and instananeous. It's effortless to climb walls in this version compared to earlier builds. You'll probably notice it immediately.
· Zero's Saber has been tweaked to expand his hitbox distance (ensures successful blows while in range of an opponent).
· OASIS has been redesigned to be smaller and easier to traverse. It's a lot more condensed and not super sprawling. Slimmed down total area size, moved features around, and added in additional platforms for climbing; end goal plans with this stage include adding in laser obstacles and teleportation areas (warping you from point A to point B to aid with navigation).
· The character select screen has been redone and now includes details about the character you're currently hovering your mouse over. Previews of character behavior also shown beside the description box.
· A kill log has been implemented that shows everyone in the world who died and who killed them, and to guide players through combat.
· Info window now available that details new features in updates, as well as listing staff/contributors and a button for a play guide that's planned for the future.
· Mute button added to Music prompt (in Options cog).
· Control customization prompt enhanced to be easier to use and understand. Visual guides such as dynamic label colors and text help you know which controls have been adjusted.
Live 24/7 on the hub!
Early October 2018
Final Alpha build. MGX will be graduating to Beta mode in November 2018.
This build is mainly an enhancement update that provides increased performance, expands customization, and improves overall UX.
· Controls now customizable. By adjusting the normal key controls (Z, X, C, and S), you can swap their functionality around — which in turn allows you to customize the controller layout
· On-screen names appear on the stage below Player icons so you know who is who (currently restricted to 6 characters but set to increase in future)
· Various staff functionalities added, including the ability to implement balance fixes w/out needing to reboot the server or update the game
· Slopes are fully polished: enjoy freely dashing down slopes with no movement halt
· Wall jumping physics further enhanced: the climb is at the very peak of your jump, as it is in the SNES X games (you’ll feel the enhancement)
· Characters now have a bit of a “bounce” to their steps
· Screen resolution has been resized to give your surroundings more focus, reduce battle distraction from players outside of your attack range, and help prevent multiple players teaming up on individuals
· The Online Players list is now visible at all times on your screen: this list shows their current activity, such as the mode they’re in and the character they’re using — clicking on a player's portrait allows you to spectate their duels and/or challenge them. With this change, the "Challenge" button is no longer necessary and has been removed
· Character speed has been reduced overall to be more appropriate with the new view size
· Several UX/Visual Enhancements, including a redone interface which accommodates the new active players list
· Bug fixes
· Other minor undocumented changes
Now live on the hub!
· Instant Action Arena: Gate's Lab
· Three new characters: Zero, Axl, and Dynamo
· Updated life bar and portrait based on character
· Dueling mode (3 lives), includes a life counter and life bar for opponent
· Character select screen
· Saber reflecting projectiles
· Redesigned window frame that makes resizing feel simple and intuitive
· Hit sparks when dealing damage to opponents
· Added in the Mettaur NPC code (incomplete)
· Adjusted parameters of the movement vars to more feel more like the later X-style of gameplay rather than the style of the original X games
· Updated base icon to X4 version
· Added MM state for stage appearance
· Reworked entire collision system to be more precise / got rid of the BYOND collision system; we can now have custom collision in all cardinal directions (this helps for platforms that we can jump through the bottom but not fall through when standing on them)
· Cleaned up dashing mechanic — works on ledges and jumping + collisions. Removed dashing bug when falling on ledge yet Megaman continues to walk
· Implemented mass in the physics engine (which affects slipping / force calculations). For now, every object has a mass of 1, this is consistent with the Megaman X games, however if we want unique bosses / objects that have different effects with the environment, we can change the mass of them
· Implemented Coefficient of Friction in physics engine, you can now have objects, floors, roofs, walls and any PHYSICS object that are slippery / sticky
· Implemented slipping / sticking mechanic for objects that are slippery / sticky (in-built with the physics engine)
· Fixed dashing, you have a maximum dash time, but just like the original games, if you release the dash button too soon, you will lose your dash
· Improved jumping as it is the in later X games. When dashing and jumping without pressing any horizontal movement, you will jump straight up. When dashing and jumping with pressing the horizontal movement, you will jump in a parabolic arc
· Implemented wall sliding
· Implemented wall kicking
· Added additional debug controls
· Wall Sliding [Complete]
· Wall Jumping [Requires feedback]
· Improved Camera Controls [Zoom in / out + smooth camera movement on edges]
· Extra Debug Controls
· Improved Physics System [Reworked Collisions]
Base framework — June 2018
· Lots of bug fixes with dashing + other mechanics and physics
· Implemented basic wall sliding. I need input on this; it's very buggy right now and I have not implemented dash sliding, I just need some input on how it should work before I continue
· Implement music but not added in this build due to file size