(Posted by Lummox JR on behalf of Zasif.)
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When a turf has a very large icon that is animated, moving out of range will stop the animation. Moving back into range re-enables the animation.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) In a new project, create a huge icon (1920x1920).
2) Put a turf that uses this icon in the lower left corner of the map.
3) When the world starts, setup an animation loop for that turf so it rotates in a full circle.
4) Compile and run the world, then walk northeast from the starting point until the lower-left turf is far enough away that the spinning animation stops.
5) Go back southwest and the animation will start again once in range.
As long as the player is within range of the big icon, even if the turf itself is way out of view, the icon should not only remain visible but also keep animating.
The icon remains visible, but animation stops (reverting to the original appearance) while the player is beyond a certain range from the turf. Moving back into range restores the animation.
Jan 17, 11:50 am