ID:2424801

BYOND Version:512.1463
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 71.0.3578.98
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
So if I set an input as num|null, the "cancel" option shows up, but I can't press ok without any values set. So if I don't want to use the mouse to press cancel, and want just to skip the option by pressing enter, I'd have to at least type a '0'.

What I'd want is if you don't type anything and press ok, it'd count as null if the option is avaiable. If null isn't an option, maybe count it as a 0.
Then you need to set a default value. If you do that, you'll have something to hit OK on.
I think they are trying to say that if you specify null as a valid option, than null should be allowed for ok.

But really they just need to know that ESC counts for cancel so that they don't have to rely on enter behavior since they seem to care more about the ability to dismiss the dialog from the keyboard than anything else.
To be fair, it should probably return 0 for a blank ok press, to be consistent with the text input (which will return an empty string and not null in that case), that way you can still use isnull() to tell the difference between what button was used even in the case of an empty submission.
In response to Nadrew
this
Bumping.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)
In response to Lummox JR
Moved it to a feature request then. Return 0 for a blank ok press
In response to NSBR
NSBR wrote:

Bump for 2020
In response to NSBR
NSBR wrote:

Bump because of
http://www.byond.com/forum/post/2548220#comment25203856 pretty simillar
In response to NSBR
It's not similar.
In response to Lummox JR
How come? You've said this on the latest dev news about the other one:

you can't use the escape key to close an input() box even if it allows null

What I want is the same but with enter... isn't that simillar?