Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2425692

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I'll keep it quick and short since I've already explained it in the discord server somewhat.

Demons Skills:
Soul Absorb: Removed from all demons, maybe be a demon lord skill?

Decline absorb: Same as above^

Demon revive: Same as kais but more favorable, demons should have more ease in reviving people since it involves the character conspiring with demons, maybe some sort of temporary stat nerf for the demon though to prevent blatant abuse.

Demon teleport: Remove the decline cost, instead make it a temporary 50% loss of power, stats, energy, (Maybe health) for around 4-5 month saves. The skill also becomes un-usable until the 50% nerf is gone.

I personally don't believe decline loss should be a permanent thing, and the removal of the higher tier demon skills like decline/soul absorb from all normal demons should encourage less people to antagonize demons automatically.
Agree +1

Just to add on, could it be 4-5 months being online/active? Since most people will teleport and log off till the timer finishes so IF they get into a RP situation they won't be nerf which is kinda cheating the system.
In response to InfinityStarz
It should strictly be online time, like the demon curse in dbg was.
I also give this a thumbs up. Seem's like a pretty good idea.
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2427107

I made a suggestion re; Demons.

Demons can be balanced out through having the recipient be nerfed, not the Demon. There is no need for stat nerfs, rather have the task of going through a immoral / questionable ritual w/ the most evil of creatures harm the person wanting to engage w/ the demon.

Corrupt their aura. Take their decline. Perform a deal of sorts for their revival.
+1'd from me. Agree with everything.

Demon revive should defo hurt the Demon though like DT though. (So loss of 50% health, stats, PL) for 4-6 Months of online time
I personally believe that 4-6 months is a bit low, given the speed in which months go by.

Of course, month speed is modifiable. But as it is now, i'd like half a day minimum(as people can't always be on 24/7).

Demon Teleport seems fine as is, though Demon Revive ought to come with a lengthier nerf. People being revived ought to be rated higher on the scale, hence the longer nerf-time.
+1 for me. I'd feel a lot better about Demons randomly teleporting if there was a harsher consequence. Even if it isn't permanent.
yea thats a negative from me -1
For the people giving it a -1, your opinion is pretty moot if you don't give a reason why, just saying.
Okay here is the obvious reason, no one will play them if they take that nerf. Just saying.
In response to RealBluntWizard
Thing is, if anything mate, Most of this stuff is a buff.

Removing any sort of decline cost from Demon skills (Along with the more "powergamy" skills of Demons) Means they won't be hated at the literal start of the wipe, and their signature skill to get out of hell won't fuck them in the ass for later generations.
Here is some valid points for you.

1 Demons need their skills. Getting rid of their only skills makes them another alien species with horns.

2 Demon revive shouldn't be nerfed , demons deal in contracts it should only either make the person lose a lot of decline and demons gain a little. Or keep as is.

3. Demon soul absorb and decline absorb are a key part of what a demon is. Taking them away or limiting it to just one demon is bogus and pointless. Demons have a hard enough time early wipe in hell. So punishing them even further is just a kick in the balls.

4 Getting rid of the losing of decline through skills and replacing it with a super nerfed state is dumb and will only welcome anyone who sees or senses a demon to go kill it since it's weak. If a demon gets to a planet people are going to meta game and come kill that super weak demon anyway they can.

5 Touching on demon decline absorb. Demons have a hard time early wipe in hell, low gains cause of lack of water and food. They need to make up with a higher decline later in their life. Or otherwise just make a next Gen as soon as they can to keep up with everyone else.

It's silly to change anything about them and this nerf idea just sounds like a kai crying like a baby cause they can't fight a demon or keep up.
In response to OldSchoolfunk
Demon revive isn't being nerfed though, It's been something I've argued with people about for a long time, which Salad points out, that Demons should have the easier time reviving BECAUSE of the fact that they tend to deal with contracts.

Demon Absorb and Decline absorb are fucky. Think about it, they have an innate skill that lets them get power like a bio android on top of their base, AND the ability to gain more base decline. If that isn't metagamey, than I don't know what is tbh. Removing those skills aren't going to affect them in the slightest.

When it comes to Demon teleport. I, if I was to play a demon, would MUCH rather have a temporary nerf that I could overcome with time, instead of a perma nerf to my decline where I have to then go and FUCK OVER other people's characters, to help not get fucked over by my own skills.

Also this is being prefaced with the fact that Sense has been changed so that most races don't get Sense 1 and 2. Most races only get Sense 1, meaning they'd be able to sense people's presence, Only a couple of races get to natively learn Sense 2 when they learn sense (where you get to sense power) if they even learn the skill at all. Meaning no people WON'T hunt down demons when they first teleport, because by the time people know Demons are around, they;ll likely be passed their nerfed state, and be able to blend with the general population. Not like they couldn't wear clothes to hide their horns and play off as being normal aliens anyway.
1. They're only losing 2 skills, one being a super powergaming one, and the other becoming nullified due to the demon buffs i mention.

2.It's not a nerf, it's a major buff especially if it's temporary. Temporary>Permanent.

3. No they're not, idk what made you think absorbing is a key part of any demon, dabura didn't even do this shit.

4. Using an argument that requires someone breaking the rules to do so isn't an argument. People can't just kill another player because of the race they're playing.

5. Hobbit made it so H/T/T has no effect on gains iirc. Next genning doesn't in any way make you stronger than your previous generation, it didn't even do this in DBG.

Are there any other arguments?
Oh also i've only ever played kai once and have played demons much more often, The decline loss is crippling and the fact that you think this is in any way a nerf is ridiculous.
+1 to Salas again!
Being someone that mainly plays AL races, mostly Demons, I'll probably say make SA and DA either half as effective on a regular Demon and the DL gets the full benefits, that's just my own suggestion.

But if that doesn't go through then I'll at least agree to keep SA and DA Demon Lord only since Demons are already strong, besides you can teach these moves out as the DL, possibly.

So +1
I dislike this suggestion.

Limiting Demon Absorb and Demon Decline to the Demon Lord just empowers one Demon.

It'll keep that one Demon ahead of the pack, regardless of his IC Standing among the Demons. They will outlive the other demons, and depending on how soul absorb works - out power the other demons.

Demons are suppose to be evil. And Demons who are evil will be attacked because they are evil. They will not be attacked because of the skills they possess, but the alignment they possess.

I don't believe removing these valuable skills from the Demons would make them any less evil, or targets of good. It will just take away from a race thats appeal, to some, is the ability to gain decline.
-

As for the Demon Lord teaching Demons these abilities, I oppose that. It will promote cliques and those that aren't favoured by the Demon Lord to suffer.

-

This is akin to the Namekian Elder being the only Namekian to have Fusion / Fission. Or a ranked Alien only capable of learning Shunkai Ido /or Body Swap.
Page: 1 2