Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2426807

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Reincarnation:

While it'd be better for the mentality of everyone to change, the game is geared in a way where taking risks(and possibly making things interesting) punishes the risk-taker. Take being a villain for example. You're usually alone or have far fewer people than the docile group. Of course, that descends into a while nother matter of whether the majority party will be killjoys and auto declare lethal the first time.

Point is, being a villain(or failing to 2nd gen) shouldn't be a game-ruiner. You die, you contribute your share to keeping things enjoyable and I believe your next character should start out better for it. A higher base energy, a fair amount of personal gains, something.

The idea is to reward people who made an impact and did something besides 'survive' so that they're not punished for pushing out interesting scenario's.

Feel free to speak to me as to why you think it's a good/bad idea in the #suggestion-discussions place on Discord. Just be constructive about it.

https://discord.gg/x6ud6G5
While I do agree, a Reincarnation system would be... decent?

Death is supposed to feel like death. I mean, It's kind of supposed to feel like a kick in the gut. The issue with DBG When Kai/Demon revive got nerfed below the ground, is that you basically had to give up your character, for somebody else to get a second chance. Obviously a vast majority of people playing the game weren't going to do that.

If there was to be a reincanation system. It should be a Glorified create new character, with perhaps something like 5-10% of your personal gains passing onto the new character. This means reincarnation isn't worth it for everybody. Which it shouldn't be. It should be for those who probably stick to their characters while dead for a bit, and it gives them a chance to have a new experience, while not starting completely from scratch. (But it'd still be worse than mating obviously)

However, that's just my two cents on the system if there was ever going to be one.
I agree with pink, reincarnation should allow you to become a first gen again with like 5% of your PG, and maybe a slight lean towards your old mods. On the note of death and such, I feel like revive should just have a mod associated to it with Kai in that you can revive one person no sweat, but it rapidly increase your revival mod, and then you have a chance to die, so on second revive you could have a 20% chance to die, 3rd 40% etc etc Not perfect numbers just an idea, makes Death not the entire end of the road, but still makes revives very valuable and not given out on the fly.

Revives for demon can just drain some of their decline drastically like 20% so down from 200 decline/ to like 160, they got DA so it's cool.
In response to Jaja9090
I actually disagree with ya a bit Maegor. I think Poo had the best way for Kai revive to be handled. It should be super risky for a young Kai to preform revive. But the older the kai gets, the easier it gets to perform the skill. Obviously I do think that the more times you use the skill, the higher the chance of death should be.

So like if you revived somebody at like age 90 on a Kai, and had say a 10% death chance, the next time you tried to revive somebody, it could be a 30% death chance, that would slowly trickle back down to the base death chance. Makes sense? This way you couldn't say, mass revive people when you get old, but it'd be easier to do. Also when you revive people, they should get revived, regardless of if you die or not. There should be no chance of "failure" just a chance of you dying.

For demons, I'd actually prefer if reviving did the same thing Demon teleport did for Salad's suggestion. Where it'd cripple a demon for a couple of month saves. And they'd have a base death chance, but it'd be super lower than Kai's death chance. (if they'd even need a death chance at all)

Edit: Changed Could to couldn't in the "This way you couldn't say, mass revive people when you get old"
That sounds good, so say you'd revived someone at age 90 once already so yu have a 30% death chance, by the time you're 120 it'd be lowered back down to say 15%?
I think for demons though they should have something permanantly attached aswell though, anything temporary could be considered less a down side.
In response to Jaja9090
The reason why I say Demon revive shouldn't impact the Demon permanently. Is that Demon revive has always been like a trump card for a Demon. It's been their ace in the hole for being able to get things out of souls. I think giving a large (But temporary) Nerf is enough to prevent demons from spam reviving (Obviously after they revive and get fucked for like 4-6 months they can't revive again)

The only thing that should be of permanent impact is that small chance of chance.
Reincarnation promotes power-gaming, So I vote no, definitely not. When you die you're -supposed- to rp in the afterlife. I find it interesting how many people take afterlife like it's a joke, especially the AL races. In 8 wipes of DBG I never once saw AL races roleplaying even somewhat properly. They RP like they're saiyans trying to rule the universe, Kai and demon alike. It's a total joke. So, on that note however. If it's not possible to Rank players who take AL ranks serious, and roleplay them responsibly and with positive intentions. Then yes, just automatically reincarnate everyone who dies, since AL rp will be total dogshit anyway. Otherwise, come on people. Learn to Afterlife.
In response to Morbidgrace
Why you critizing how people roleplay afterlife roles? lol

There've been many good Kais on DBG, just because they're not kais YOU want to see, doesn't mean they're bad Kais.

Also what about the people who make Bios/Androids, Who can't mate? Should they be punished by needing to play a brand new character for the sake of them "making RP"?

Reincarnation isn't a bad system, if it's something that's worse than mating, being at 12.5% It's half as much as what mating would give you, already if you reincarnate just because you died, you'll be at a worse place than if you mated.

Realistically it just serves to help those who make races that CAN'T mate. Races that can make, literally either mate, or take the choice to intentionally nerf yourself to get some of new character out of it. lol
No. @Discord to read why. It's not a good idea. Wasn't in RPT, CC, or DU. It's nothing but abusable there and would be even more so in Genesis.
Reincarnation is bad. Story over. Already said why.
I cannot say I like this idea, even though the majority approved it in the Discord with Manly's additions. People already remade as quickly as possible before, now giving them a 12.5% Personal Gain reward for that is terrible. You might think "man if they do that they're losing the chance to actually mate for real and get the good part of the deal", but they end up with the advantage anyway, even having to remake, even if it's half the Personal Gain heritage it is still potentially game breakable. If anything it could be lower, and 3 days is too short for the verb to be available
3 days is long enough for the majority of the roleplay the dead character's been involved with will move on, and 12.5% personal gain on reincarnation isn't a boon or an advantage. If anything, if you're not smart about it you'll actually end up weaker than a freshly spawned 1st gen.

However, my personal stance is against reincarnation as a whole.