Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2427472

Resolved
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
So, I got a couple of suggestions for Observe.

1. Let the Observer hear/see RPs of the person they are observing.

2 (This one might a bit more controversial but) Have a 3x3 (so 1 tile around the Kai) where people can be, where If somebody clicks you while right next to the kai they'll get to see what the Kai is observing. If the said person moves one tile away from the Kai (So they move away from the Kai observing) They stop observing that person, and it snaps back to their view automatically. So they don't need to be held in place. The Kai should have a toggle to toggle between not sharing and sharing their observe.

+7 People approve (The one + comes from somebody who doesn't approve of Byond forums, but wanted their voice heard.)

Edit 1 2/10/2019 4:33PM: Added the suggestion of a Kai observe toggle prompt.

Edit 2 2/10/2019 4:39PM: Added the number of people who support the suggestion (number will keep changing as more people support)
+11111111111111111
+1

But make it a toggle option? Would hate every time a kai observes while standing beside me I get a prompt. So the kai can toggle this option on/off so it won't annoy the people around him.
In response to InfinityStarz
Should the toggle be on the players side or the Kais side?
I'm Morbid and I approve this message.
The Kais side since he needs to give them permission to look.
In response to InfinityStarz
Alright, I'll edit my post to reflect that, thank you for you're input sir.
Approval
+1
Approved with the tweaking and all of that.
It is how it worked more or less in DBG. The 3x3 should affect Kais' telepathy as well if it already doesn't. Great work
I agree with Pink!!
Re; Observe.

It is a great idea, but it can be heavily abused. From what I've seen on RPT (who introduced similar observe functions) enabled it so a Kai could view IC. This meant that they sat somewhere and played spectator.

Which is according all fine... but it is a game. Observe was used heavily to oppress, track, and harass their enemies. Making the enemy unable to properly do any form of RP without being intercepted and their attempts mute n' point.

Their enemies did not have the ability to Observe and therefore the Kai always had the upper-hand. Inviting actions such as Log-Recording where actions on the Kai side would happen due to a strong member of the enemy logging out.

Or general grime where Kai permanently had their observe one a person.

With that said Observe should be a thing but it needs to be properly balanced. RPT tried to balance that abuse by only enabling people with X amount of Contact points to be observable.

From my experience on both sides of the fence re; Observe. It needs a means to either be immune to Observe, Demons aren't observable, or Observe needs to have a timer and cooldown.

Because if it is implemented in the current state (of suggestion) it will be heavily abused, hard to moderate, and extremely anti-fun for anyone BUT the Kai.
The Unknown Hobbit resolved issue