Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2427780

Redundant
Applies to:

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
Simple suggestion

1. Institute a cap for 4x gains at 360 minutes (that's 6 hours) of 4x Gains.

2. Second more controversial suggestion: Make 4x gains compare everybody on the server and their personal gain modifiers. People at the top of the chart should receive less 4x gains than those at the bottom. Those at the top should gain 4x gains at a rate of 16:1 (So 16 minutes of real time game to 1 minute of 4x) And then the ratio gets smaller, the lower your personal gains are. So somebody who's super behind in personal gains, will get a lot more, than the person who's at the top.

Both of these suggestions encourage people to play the game more, instead of just logging out to get 4x gains, training till they run out, and logging out again. (Standing gains won't be effected by this change)
Does point 1 and 2 clash a little? So if say I am on 500trillion rating (Random) and someone is at 10million rating. Does the "Weaker" person get more 4x gains and won't it exceed 360minutes ? Or does the stronger person get like 2 seconds of 4x gains because of how oped he is?

That and I slightly disagree for example if I am sick irl and don't log on for 1 day and i'm the strongest on the server. Due to me being sick irl the 2nd strongest say that is you Pink overtake me because I did not log in for 1 day. Now my offline gains are so less that I practically have no 4x gains, so it's a little unfair.
In response to InfinityStarz
Let me put it to you like this. If you were the strongest character right? You had the most personal gains of anybody on the server, You don't need as much 4x time, as people who have fallen behind severely.

The idea for this, is that, you can get sick and still get 4x gains, and be back to training and what not when you feel well, but, It's not going to enable you to have an insane amount. Cause you'd have the personal gains to make your 4x gains count.

Let's say you logged out and you were at the top spot. The ceiling for 4x gains is 16:1 Lets say you slept for 6 hours. You'd get 22.5 minutes of 4x gains. Which is pretty fair, considering your at the tippy top (and those around you would get the same amount of 4x gains) It's basically to keep you caught up with those who are around you, but if you want to surpass them, you'll need to actually grind/put in effort/play the game, instead of going from 4x block to 4x block. Makes sense?
Makes sense, but how about instead of you not receiving as much 4x gains other people gain more 4x gains? So you won't feel in a way nerf a little and other people will feel as if they can catch up a little without falling too behind?
But then you'd run into the same situation again, Where people are only moving to 4x gain bloc to 4x gain block. The reason why the top players should receive less 4x gains than those at the bottom, is because if you're at the top, you should need to put more dedication/time into the game to keep your place. Yanno? 4x gains should allow you to catch up to other people, but if you wanna surpass them, you gotta put in the effort to go past them, instead of just moving from 4x block to 4x block.

Basically just coasting off 4x gains should make you average, instead of you relying on it to maintain your role.
I don't mind the system, but I see a lot of people complaining about it. So I say I'm in the middle with this one. Not for or against this suggestion. I do see why the top shouldn't be gaining still at the top rate but I just see lots of people complaining when they reach the top which is unnecessary headache for admins and Hobbit.
Obviously yeah, This suggestion is still in the works, to be questioned, changed, finalized and stuff like that. This isn't the final suggestion, but just an idea, and based off community feedback, will change (or even die) to fit the needs of the community.

And yeah I agree somewhat, but those at the top, literally will be fighting tooth and nail for that top spot, where literally it might be changing every other day. Cause where 1 guy might sleep, another might grind for a bit, claim the top spot, the guy logs in with 4x, grinds back up to where he was, claims the top spot, and it trades back and forth till somebody gets a major edge.
I'd prefer not to be actively punished for being strong.
I already gave my response to this on the Discord. A hard no, especially with the cap. There are situations where people will be forced to accumulate more 4x than that, and those people would be punished for no reason.
The Unknown Hobbit resolved issue (Redundant)