In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Looking for anime coders and iconners hmu
anime coder?

SOURCE CLONE NO JUTSU!!!
In response to Magicsofa
but aren't you missing the point which is that you can still make fan games with BYOND?
yeah but you won't be allowed to exist on the website and won't be allowed to leave either. So what's the point?
How come they haven't simply remade the game on a different platform?
yeah how come they haven't "simply" remade the game on any of the other engines which are ALL at least 5 times more difficult to learn than BYOND? ones where mostly only professionals can create a game on, and usually only as a team not as an individual?
In response to Orange55
Orange55 wrote:
Art is subjective. Surely there is a game/movie where you disagreed with critics and enjoyed the product.

Telling people what they can or can't make results in people using a different tool.

No I only watch movies deemed good by http://www.rottentomatoes.com, such as Captain Marvel.
In response to President Donald Trump
President Donald Trump wrote:
yeah but you won't be allowed to exist on the website and won't be allowed to leave either. So what's the point?

You tell me... you are the one who has a dragon ball game on BYOND.

yeah how come they haven't "simply" remade the game on any of the other engines which are ALL at least 5 times more difficult to learn than BYOND? ones where mostly only professionals can create a game on, and usually only as a team not as an individual?

That's actually what I'm getting at. There are major benefits to using BYOND. I'm not saying that people should never think critically and voice their opinions about how to improve it, but so far I've heard from three fan-game developers who seem to be complaining about not having the perfect platform for their games. You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to have everything handed to you on a silver platter. Game development is hard work and BYOND is already doing a ton of that work for you for almost no profit. Unless you are prepared to pay a real salary to a "professional," or put in the years of work it takes to become a professional yourself, maybe you should just be grateful that you have such an easy platform to make your fan games. Which, by the way, would get shut down for copyright infringement if they gained enough publicity!

In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
maybe you should just be grateful that you have such an easy platform to make your fan games.

Easy for those who actually learn it :P

Which, by the way, would get shut down for copyright infringement if they gained enough publicity!

BYOND != publicity

I think we're safe bro xD

#Compile2Exe513
In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
There are major benefits to using BYOND
There is a bunch of cool stuff on BYOND, because of a few great developers who have pitched in their time, effort and money. But the biggest problems with the platform go unaddressed year after year--and it's resulted in many developers who started off using BYOND sidelining/dropping it in favor of something else. They "grow up" on BYOND and then move on to a "serious" platform.
Page: 1 2 3